Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Carlow can I buy ???

Options
  • 20-03-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Where in Carlow can I buy Fresh Yeast ???

I will try Spice World on Green Lane today but I think they might just have the dried stuff. Does anyone know where I'd buy some fresh yeast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Where in Carlow can I buy Fresh Yeast ???

I will try Spice World on Green Lane today but I think they might just have the dried stuff. Does anyone know where I'd buy some fresh yeast?

Online is probably your best bet I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Someone posted in an old discussion url]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055223033&page=2[/url (mainly in Dublin) back when superquinn was still around. Apparently they had some. Maybe try the Superquinn/Supervalu (whichever it goes by now)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Every Polish shop should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Holland & Barrett might have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Just a suggestion, but if you ask at Crotty's Bakery, they might sell you some. I used to buy fresh yeast at a bakery in Bagenalstown years ago. (Long gone) No harm asking.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Super Valu (Superquinn version). I get in Kilkenny Super Valu every now and again so I presume Carlow will provide the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

madmaggie wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, but if you ask at Crotty's Bakery, they might sell you some. I used to buy fresh yeast at a bakery in Bagenalstown years ago. (Long gone) No harm asking.:)
    Super Valu (Superquinn version). I get in Kilkenny Super Valu every now and again so I presume Carlow will provide the same.

People, good ideas there. Will check them out and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

someone with a yeast infection might have some...........:o

Check in SuperValu (old SuperQuinn) in town and its €6 per KG, but they'll sell in Euros worth (i.e. €1, €2, €3, etc. and the equivalent weight for it)

Where can I get a Rapunzel wig? I know its random but trying on Amazon and its nearly €30 for one with the postage (not paying that) so I'll try Mr Price but is there anywhere else worth trying?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Claires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Dealz had some wigs with long pigtailed hair. Pink and blonde colours were all I seen. By long I mean the pigtails came down to the middle of my daughters back and she's 5'10.

Argos in the end, should have thought of that first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Argos is a funny one, it's the last place you'd think for a lot of stuff. But in the last year they've saved our arses a few times. Very handy!

Where in Carlow can I buy a christening candle? Can't think of where to try for this to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Where in Carlow can I buy a christening candle? Can't think of where to try for this to be honest.

There is a Candle factory in Borris .

http://www.torccandles.com/boramic.html

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Parish centre shop just down the road from the cathedral.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The candle factory in Borris no longer send directly to the public. If you want a more personalized candle try https://www.facebook.com/candledesigns/?pnref=about.overview or https://twitter.com/candleladypaula

Parish centre shop just down the road from the cathedral.

Excellent, I'll try there first

I'm looking for somewhere in or near Carlow that gives sugar craft courses, basically cake decorating courses. Haven't a clue where to start looking to be honest. I know there will be something in Dublin obviously but ideally there would be something nearby.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I'm looking for somewhere in or near Carlow that gives sugar craft courses, basically cake decorating courses. Haven't a clue where to start looking to be honest. I know there will be something in Dublin obviously but ideally there would be something nearby.

Any ideas?

http://www.carlowcathedral.ie/2014/01/community-education-courses-in-st-catherines-community-services-centre/

I dont know if thats in date or not but apparently theres a cake decorating course on in Feb (could be out of date though so I'd check first)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

maccored wrote: »
    http://www.carlowcathedral.ie/2014/01/community-education-courses-in-st-catherines-community-services-centre/

I dont know if thats in date or not but apparently theres a cake decorating course on in Feb (could be out of date though so I'd check first)

4 years out of date, nearly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Owryan wrote: »
    4 years out of date, nearly

going by the post date youre right - might be worth checking though in case they still run it

maccored wrote: »
    going by the post date youre right - might be worth checking though in case they still run it

Not running in St Catherine's

Advertisement