Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injury- Ruptured achiles tendon.

Options
  • 20-03-2015 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I ruptured my Achilles tendon four weeks ago today, had surgery and was in a hard cast for two weeks and then put into a boot with crutches which I am in now, however since been put in the boot the only exercises I was given by the doctor at the beginning was elevating my foot towards me and then pointing downwards as I was given a schedule to stick with it.For 4 weeks they are the only exercises on the schedule. I had been doing this for the two weeks and I then went to see the physio again today (where I hoped Id get more exercises as the ones I had been doing are too easy now) and she saw that I was doing these exercises really well, but she never gave me anything extra to do as she said she has to wait and stick with the schedule the doctor gave, but my next appointment with the doctor is not for another 2 and half weeks and I am going out of my mind with boredom and just want to get out of this boot. I have also been walking around without my crutches putting full weight on my foot as I have no pain in it, even though I'm meant to be using my crutches and putting 25% weight on it, Is it bad that I am leaning on it so much could I be doing more damage to the healing tendon? Also has anyone any advice on whether I should start doing heal raises and the other exercises on the next stage without the go ahead from the doctor as I wont be seeing him for two more weeks and am so boed I want to speed up the process? Or maybe should I go pay for a private physio to get a second opinion and hopefully they will speed up the process? Thanks for reading I know this was really long lol! All feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

We cannot give medical advice here.

Do as your physio says! Another 2 weeks of basic exercises are hardly a big deal, and compared to how long a potential re-rupture would set you back it's nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement