Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNC/G-Code Tutor Needed

Options
  • 20-03-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for someone to give me 1 or 2 tutorials in g-code. Specifically absolute and incremental programming in CNC Simulator Pro and AlphaCam.

If you're interested please get back to me, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

There's a couple of good tutorials for CNC simulator pro. Absolute and incremental mode (G90 and G91) are quite straight forward. I would advise you to sit down with some graph paper and a few examples, draw the examples on the graph paper, then draw on the co-ordinates. Once your happy with it on paper try it on CNC simulator pro.

The biggest secret to alphaCAM is getting the ghost tools on the correct side of the geometry.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

There's a couple of good tutorials for CNC simulator pro. Absolute and incremental mode (G90 and G91) are quite straight forward. I would advise you to sit down with some graph paper and a few examples, draw the examples on the graph paper, then draw on the co-ordinates. Once your happy with it on paper try it on CNC simulator pro.

The biggest secret to alphaCAM is getting the ghost tools on the correct side of the geometry.

Oh god Dublin you're killing me here man.. lol. I really need some help and a sitdown with someone who knows what they're doing would be great. Online tutorials have been helpful, yes. Managed to get absolute done in CNC simulator pro (I J approach didn't work for arcs so I used R) but still don't understand things like cutter compensation and canned cycles.. Incremental is another story.. : |

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

Besides CNC programming I'm also looking for some Instrumentation & Control grinds. If anyone is interested or knows of someone who might be, please pm me. Thanks.

Advertisement