Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT: Sligo Tri Club Olympic

Options
  • 20-03-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hello all,

Sligo Tri Clubs Olympic race opens Friday 20th March at 12am.
    The event will be run on the grounds of Lissadell House on Sunday July 19th.
    We have Super Series and National Series races, also an Inter-firms Relay for Charity.
    Entry is on the TI website @ €55.

Further details on the event - tinyurl.com/qbrh579

Also check in with sligotriathlonclub.ie and the clubs Facebook page for ongoing news.

Hope we can see some boards people make it down.

Paul
    STC Olympic RD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

BUMP:

Thanks all - 150 entries so far..and counting...
    Video of the cycle route will be up this weekend - give everyone an idea of the challenge ahead.

If you're not competing individually - The inter-firms relay is solely for charity - get your boss to shell out the €150 entry and find two mates to compete for your business against what the north west has to offer.

Help two little lads with their 'Wish to Walk' campaigns.

Enter on the TI website.

Any questions contact myself on;
    olympic@
    sligotriathlon.ie

Cheers, Paul.
    RD

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

considering entering this, i'm still very much a noob/nervous OW swimmer - would you consider the swim to be relatively calm/sheltered at all?

Hey Rodriquez,

The swim is relatively sheltered, with a gradual entry and exit and never enters the main channel. We will swim 300m directly out, 900m parrallel to the shore and then 300m back to water exit. We have full support from the Civil Defense, Sligo Kayak Club and the award winning Sligo Surf Lifesaving group. You'll be plenty safe.

Paul RD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

If it's the same swim course from 2 years ago then I can confirm it's a very nice swim with plenty of kayaks and boats in the water. This is a really well run event. And the location is beautiful.

Hey Pigbbo,

Same scenery and support crew but we're moving to the other side of the bay at Lissadell.

I've tried to post a pic but it won't let me - new user - (How many posts and how long do you need to be a member before you're entitled to post images and urls?)

Cheers

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Boardcore wrote: »
    Hey Pigbbo,

Same scenery and support crew but we're moving to the other side of the bay at Lissadell.

I've tried to post a pic but it won't let me - new user - (How many posts and how long do you need to be a member before you're entitled to post images and urls?)

Cheers

Paul

Type in the URL of the pic and the race info and one of the mods or other users can edit the post to make the links live.

Advertisement