Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 19-03-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Newbury 4.20
    Sea Wall @ 20/1

Raced keenly in his last race and failed to stay the extra distance, but travelled really well towards the end of the race only for his earlier exertions to find him out and finish 4th, he was beaten a long way but that was by a horse that finished 2nd at cheltenham, back down in distance on better ground I think he will run a big race off his low weight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Well Dundalk is back with some nice races tomorrow. So having hours upon hours studying form every week and not being hugely successful i will use my new strategy

18.05 Period Piece
    18.35 I will excell
    19.05 Dancing Lord
    19.35 Coach Bombay
    20.05 Rest assured
    20.35 Colla Pier
    21.05 Shes no joke

the expected return is €67485.41 and for place 119.00

Just to note Tom Dooley my old friend is out again tomorrow at 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

3.55 Lingfield

Rio Ronaldo 9/2

Rated 77, this 0-95 Class contest is a very hard race for Rio Ronaldo to be contesting given that he would find life much, much easier in a 0-80 contest but I expect big things from Mike Murphy's well bred 3 year old sprinter this year and I'm confident he can get the year off to the perfect start by winning this today. A half brother to a number of very decent horses including Group 1 winner G Force, US Group 3 winner Louvain, Listed winner Lajool and Group 3 placed Desert Poppy, Rio Ronaldo is certainly bred to be a horse with an abundance of talent and having made a decent start to his career as a 2 year old I expect much bigger things from him this year. Having caught the eye when a promising 5th on debut at Windsor last July, Rio Ronaldo ran a decent race when 3rd on his 2nd at Leicester behind a couple of decent enough sorts before winning at the 3rd time of asking at Wolves back in September in a race that has worked out well. Having tracked the pace over the 6f trip, Rio Ronaldo travelled powerfully through the contest and loomed up alongside the leader before Shane Kelly drove him out to score by 3/4L. The form of that contest looks strong with the runner up Amazour now rated 82 having bumped into a future Listed winner when well clear of the remainder on his only subsequent start. Additionally, the 3rd home was rated 87 having won his next two starts (unfortunately fatally injured) whilst the 4th home has since run an excellent 3rd in a hot Maiden at Kempton and I thought Rio Ronaldo was comfortably the best horse in that contest.

Rio Ronaldo's 4th and final start came in a 4 runner handicap off his current mark of 77 over 5f at Nottingham where he finished 3rd beaten less than a neck having traded odds on and looked the likeliest winner for much of the race. Pretty keen having to race without cover, Rio Ronaldo was sent to match strides with eventual winner throughout and despite looking like he'd score for much of the race I think seeing daylight for the entire trip blunted his finishing kick but he lost little in defeat that day. The winner Uptight was extremely well backed on course (3/1 into 13/8f) and is obviously a horse that the Kevin Ryan thinks a bit of whilst the 2nd home Snow Cloud was beaten by a neck in a handicap that looks like it will work out well on his only future outing and on that and his other 2 year old form alone I think an unchanged mark of 77 certainly leaves Rio Ronaldo looking like a horse handicapped to win things. Additionally, pretty much all of Rio Ronaldo's half siblings improved dramatically in their 3 year old seasons so I expect he'll have improved a lot over the winter whilst trainer Mike Murphy brings his horses along steadily and he stated on his website that he's a scopey individual who was bought for a 3 year old campaign so I expect considerable improvement from him this year. It definitely looks a big call pitching Rio Ronaldo into a 0-95 handicap off bottom weight instead of finding an easier option but I think it shows how much the yard think of him to start off his season in a race of this nature. Additionally, I think that against these naturally more talented animals that the quicker pace will suit Rio Ronaldo down to the ground and there looks an abundance of pace in the race if horses break on terms. Drawn in stall 1, I expect Rio Ronaldo to jump out and track the leaders on the rail before hopefully pouncing in the home straight to land the prize. Although a big ask, I'm confident that Rio Ronaldo can come out on top of this 6 runner contest and hopefully he can start this year off with a bang before developing into a sprinter worth following this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

rossom wrote: »
    3.55 Lingfield

Rio Ronaldo 9/2

Rated 77, this 0-95 Class contest is a very hard race for Rio Ronaldo to be contesting given that he would find life much, much easier in a 0-80 contest but I expect big things from Mike Murphy's well bred 3 year old sprinter this year and I'm confident he can get the year off to the perfect start by winning this today. A half brother to a number of very decent horses including Group 1 winner G Force, US Group 3 winner Louvain, Listed winner Lajool and Group 3 placed Desert Poppy, Rio Ronaldo is certainly bred to be a horse with an abundance of talent and having made a decent start to his career as a 2 year old I expect much bigger things from him this year. Having caught the eye when a promising 5th on debut at Windsor last July, Rio Ronaldo ran a decent race when 3rd on his 2nd at Leicester behind a couple of decent enough sorts before winning at the 3rd time of asking at Wolves back in September in a race that has worked out well. Having tracked the pace over the 6f trip, Rio Ronaldo travelled powerfully through the contest and loomed up alongside the leader before Shane Kelly drove him out to score by 3/4L. The form of that contest looks strong with the runner up Amazour now rated 82 having bumped into a future Listed winner when well clear of the remainder on his only subsequent start. Additionally, the 3rd home was rated 87 having won his next two starts (unfortunately fatally injured) whilst the 4th home has since run an excellent 3rd in a hot Maiden at Kempton and I thought Rio Ronaldo was comfortably the best horse in that contest.

Rio Ronaldo's 4th and final start came in a 4 runner handicap off his current mark of 77 over 5f at Nottingham where he finished 3rd beaten less than a neck having traded odds on and looked the likeliest winner for much of the race. Pretty keen having to race without cover, Rio Ronaldo was sent to match strides with eventual winner throughout and despite looking like he'd score for much of the race I think seeing daylight for the entire trip blunted his finishing kick but he lost little in defeat that day. The winner Uptight was extremely well backed on course (3/1 into 13/8f) and is obviously a horse that the Kevin Ryan thinks a bit of whilst the 2nd home Snow Cloud was beaten by a neck in a handicap that looks like it will work out well on his only future outing and on that and his other 2 year old form alone I think an unchanged mark of 77 certainly leaves Rio Ronaldo looking like a horse handicapped to win things. Additionally, pretty much all of Rio Ronaldo's half siblings improved dramatically in their 3 year old seasons so I expect he'll have improved a lot over the winter whilst trainer Mike Murphy brings his horses along steadily and he stated on his website that he's a scopey individual who was bought for a 3 year old campaign so I expect considerable improvement from him this year. It definitely looks a big call pitching Rio Ronaldo into a 0-95 handicap off bottom weight instead of finding an easier option but I think it shows how much the yard think of him to start off his season in a race of this nature. Additionally, I think that against these naturally more talented animals that the quicker pace will suit Rio Ronaldo down to the ground and there looks an abundance of pace in the race if horses break on terms. Drawn in stall 1, I expect Rio Ronaldo to jump out and track the leaders on the rail before hopefully pouncing in the home straight to land the prize. Although a big ask, I'm confident that Rio Ronaldo can come out on top of this 6 runner contest and hopefully he can start this year off with a bang before developing into a sprinter worth following this season.

Unreal tipping again regardless top price 5/2 after Hugh Taylor tipped him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Looking at the double of Champagne Express 14:10 Newbury and Rio Ronaldo 3.55 Lingfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Sea wall is 9/1 with powers now having been 20/1 last night.
    I only got into the shop this morning and got 9/1.
    Frustrating game this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Seen that HO. Noticed it last night and when I went in this morning to have a look through the form a bit more was already down to best priced 12's with BV.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Rio Ronaldo only 3.15 on Betfair now.Sea Wall is 13.5.That 4.20 New looks competitive but Minella present was only taken out of the County hdl on friday morning last and AP looks an eyecatching booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Wuff should make a much better chaser than hurdler and ran well on his chase debut when not beaten far after not having ran in a year (well backed). Fourth horse has since come out and won a Listed chase. Fact that they threw him straight into a handicap suggests he may be ahead of his mark. Think he could be a 140+ chaser. 7/2 a good price at Newbury.

Unreal tipping again regardless top price 5/2 after Hugh Taylor tipped him up.

He follows Rossom

racso1975 wrote: »
    He follows Rossom

Have genuinely thought that at times. Have found reading his write ups when we pick the same horse that it reads similarly enough.

• Advertisement

Rio Ronaldo pretty poor. Think it might have been a run to blow off the cobwebs. 7/4 SP was ridiculous

Still a horse worth following for the season. Looks a fine stamp of a horse now this year

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Toast of New york 7.45
    Think it will win this 7-2

Family Pride 8-1 8.05
    Can't see past this one. Should go well here, first run this year
    but stable in good form around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bassy

I like the look of lillys rainbow 4/1

Family Pride 8-1 8.05

I heard its being held back tonite.

Family Pride 8-1 8.05

great shout m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Family Pride 8-1 8.05

Great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Family Pride 8-1 8.05

Great shout! Didn't get him at 8-1 but delighted with that.

Mohair 50-1 ew 8.15
    I like
    Akavit 5-1 to win this one.

Akavit wins/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Akavit wins/

Great call.

I'm only an occasional punter so no big info or anything but backed Cristy's Call at 8-1 a week ago at Dundalk and going with him again tonight. 11/4 fav at the moment.

Never got going. Back to the drawing board!

anyone fancy anything in the last at Dundalk ?

She's No Joke 5-1 9.05
    I think this is the winner here. Its recent runs this
    year an advantage in this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

She's No Joke 5-1 9.05
    I think this is the winner here. Its recent runs this
    year an advantage in this group.
    Same for me, but 11/2 Totesport. This one doesn't have a very strong turn of foot, so I feel that if this race is run at a fast pace, this is the one to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Same for me, but 11/2 Totesport. This one doesn't have a very strong turn of foot, so I feel that if this race is run at a fast pace, this is the one to beat.
    Bleh - too slow.

racso1975 wrote: »
    Well Dundalk is back with some nice races tomorrow. So having hours upon hours studying form every week and not being hugely successful i will use my new strategy

18.05 Period Piece
    18.35 I will excell
    19.05 Dancing Lord
    19.35 Coach Bombay
    20.05 Rest assured
    20.35 Colla Pier
    21.05 Shes no joke

the expected return is €67485.41 and for place 119.00

Just to note Tom Dooley my old friend is out again tomorrow at 20/1

2 winners and 2 places...........closer then last week but not great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

ziggy wrote: »
    Wow, that's a fairly arrogant statement!

Wow, thats a terrible post.

If Rossom posts before Taylor, a lot of the selections are the same and the write ups can have a lot of similarities is it so much of a leap to suggest there might be a bit of copying by Taylor. Very easy to search Rossom and boards to find his posts.

One thing I would say is Rossoms prices are always available where a lot if the time Taylors are far higher than those available even the second his page is posted.

There is no doubt in my mind if you use "available prices" and not Taylors made up prices that Rossoms profit is considerably higher than that charlatans.

Advertisement