Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 year tennant, rental increase notice?

Options
  • 19-03-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

hi i am a tenant of 5 years, no problems, rent always paid on time thru a letting agency.

paid rent today and was informed verbally of a rental increase starting next month

initially the renting contract was yearly but as its a fairly solid arrangement the agency just set the renewal period to to 6month rent as a matter of course

As a tenant of 5 years what notice should i receive from the agency to accommodate this rental increase?,

ive read somewhere before that a long term tenant should receive a month notice for every year of renting before rental increase takes effect?

Im also aware i should receive written notification from the agency

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Rent increases require 28 days written notice.

There is no other minimum notice period, so the month notice per year of tenancy is it true.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

padz wrote: »
    hi i am a tenant of 5 years, no problems, rent always paid on time thru a letting agency.

paid rent today and was informed verbally of a rental increase starting next month

initially the renting contract was yearly but as its a fairly solid arrangement the agency just set the renewal period to to 6month rent as a matter of course

As a tenant of 5 years what notice should i receive from the agency to accommodate this rental increase?,

ive read somewhere before that a long term tenant should receive a month notice for every year of renting before rental increase takes effect?

Im also aware i should receive written notification from the agency

Sounds like you could be in year 1 of a 4 year tenancy . The 6 months thing means nothing

Advertisement