Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bourbon for cocktails

Options
  • 19-03-2015 5:22pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody able to recommend something American for making cocktails with? I don't want to splash out on Jack Daniels (32.50 in Tesco at the moment) and the price of Jim Beam seems a bit high too if I'm just going to be mixing it with other stuff. Would Aldi or Lidl have anything worth checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Alidi do a Bourbon that's quite drinkable for the price, "Clarke's 1886 Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey". I think it's around the €17 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've used Aldis and Lidl's (Western Gold) without problems. There are constant claims that either/or is actually Jim Beam but while I doubt that, it is effectively indistinguishable.

Lidl sell either a 6 or 8 year old around Christmas which is still cheaper than Jim Beam and I'd say is probably better if you were drinking neat/just iced.

Advertisement