Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA still has property listed as for sale

Options
  • 19-03-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've called and mailed the EA the sold me my house (2 months ago) about removing their sold sign and removing our property from their website (still has asking price)

I either get no response or a 'so and so will call you back' and then nothing.

Is there any way to be more forceful about this? Do I have a legal standing? I really do not like my home being listed online with extensive pictures for all to see. Obviously they see this as free advertising, but their ignoring me on this issue has vex'd me.

Cheers
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

report the ad if its daft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Call into their office in person, they can't ignore you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

January wrote: »
    Call into their office in person, they can't ignore you then.

I may do this at the weekend, I'll drop their sign off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

You can just take the sign down yourself. I don't think they go around taking them down. They can be quite something to remove from the wall though - you'll often see chopped off pieces of wood stuck to peoples front walls where they couldn't remove it and just cut the post instead.

z

zagmund wrote: »
    You can just take the sign down yourself. I don't think they go around taking them down. They can be quite something to remove from the wall though - you'll often see chopped off pieces of wood stuck to peoples front walls where they couldn't remove it and just cut the post instead.

z

I got the sign down alright, I just don't see why disposing of their rubbish is something that falls on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

circadian wrote: »
    I got the sign down alright, I just don't see why disposing of their rubbish is something that falls on me.
    Invoice them for the storage of their sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

They should remove it as soon as the sale is closed and will have a company to do so.
    I would say put it in writing to the EA responsible cc'ing their superior to get things done.

They should remove it as soon as the sale is closed and will have a company to do so.
    I would say put it in writing to the EA responsible cc'ing their superior to get things done.

I'm emailing The 'superior'. Can't beleive how blaise they are. As someone else suggested, drop in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If they're not out of your way, stick the sign into your car and pop it up onto the reception desk the next time you're passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

circadian wrote: »

Bring it to their office and stay there until they take down the ad, they won't ignore you then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Erm, when you bought the house, you also bought all the bits and bobs that were part of it. The sign was one of those bits and bobs. As it happens I found the signs great for removing snow from the path - they're just the right sort of rigidity.

I agree they should take the house down from their site though.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

zagmund wrote: »
    Erm, when you bought the house, you also bought all the bits and bobs that were part of it.

Assuming the for sale sign was listed as being included in the sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

if it bothers you that much, take down the sign and put it in your bin/landfill, it's not a big deal. The online ad is not of your house, it's photos of the house which was being sold, it was probably there for months so I can't see how it's an invasion of your privacy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are people coming around asking if it's for sale?

Advertisement