Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family friendly Irish Resort - Tips needed

Options
  • 19-03-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys

Keen to get some recommendations for a good quality family resort in Ireland for a family with 4 kids ranging from 1 to 8. Something along the lines of Kelly's in Rosslare would be ideal... i.e. amenities for family being the number 1 priority... nice food etc comes second. I have had a look on the forums here and pretty much all I could find are "family friendly hotels", but I am after something that offers the whole family package, ensuring the baby and toddler, not just the older kids have a great range of activities, as well as maybe a crèche allowing mum and dad to have a meal together some evenings!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Have you tried Trabolgan, with kids that age you can't go wrong and you won't end up spending extra on pool, climbing/play area's & evening entertainment as it's all encluded. We are going here since 2006 and really cant fault it. Our no 1 priority when going on hols is once kid's are happy we are to. We eat in most night, but there has been huge improvements done on houses/restaurant and other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Fota hotel and resort. I know a family that stayed in the houses and loved it. Access to the hotel facilities and you also have the fota wildlife park.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Thanks RubyGirl. I had thought of Trabolgan alright but friends of ours had stayed there last summer and they weren't impressed at all. I read a few reviews and whilst there are positives, there were also a lot of negatives. Given I am using up very precious holiday allocation from work I am being extra cautious on what we go for. Thanks again for the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Blingy, Fota Island was one I had come across that was of interest... and the reviews look very good. Can't go wrong with having a wildlife park on the grounds as well. It is a bit of a trek for some friends who may be joining us from the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Trabolgan would be a good option.

The accommodation is not 5 star or anything but the houses, even though ther a a bit small, are very clean and well kept.
    And more importantly there are about a million things for the kids to do.
    Playground (indoor and out)
    crazy golf
    Swimming pool
    kids clubs
    bungee trampolines
    go carts
    arts and crafts
    Kids shows (Barney and the like)
    And for the adults there are two bars, gym, spa and 9 hole golf course.

We have gone three years in a row and the kids (aged 7,5,2, last year) just love it.

We went to Fota resort once, and to be honest there is nothing to do there for the kids compared to Trabolgan
    The wildlife park is quiet expensive and our kids (aged 4 and 2 at the time) were only interested in the playground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

check out the talbot in carlow... they do good deals and they have a kids club and a swimming pool, and access to the dome( they have bowling, pool and kids stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iste

I know your after saying ireland... But what about Pontins in North wales? They are pretty reasonable and the kids will love the ferry :)

Advertisement