Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a reasonable closing date

Options
  • 19-03-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My husband & I have accepted an offer on our house. The purchaser is a cash buyer so is able to move quickly and wants a closing date of April 17th.

We are looking for another house but know we will have to rent in the meantime.

Until such a time as contracts have been signed & the purchaser has given the booking deposit we dont want to fork out a rent deposit/mths advance rent as the purchaser can just walk away.

We've asked our solicitor to request a four week period from date of exchange to closing as this will hopefully give us security & time to get our rental sorted & pack up a house we've lived in for 10 years

Is this reasonable? It means the closing date the purchaser has requested will not be achieved so we're worried this will cause issues

We don't want to loose the purchaser but neither do we want to risk loosing money if we start renting now & she pulls out???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Heffc wrote: »
    My husband & I have accepted an offer on our house. The purchaser is a cash buyer so is able to move quickly and wants a closing date of April 17th.

Until such a time as contracts have been signed & the purchaser has given the booking deposit we dont want to fork out a rent deposit/mths advance rent as the purchaser can just walk away.

We've asked our solicitor to request a four week period from date of exchange to closing as this will hopefully give us security & time to get our rental sorted & pack up a house we've lived in for 10 years

Is this reasonable? It means the closing date the purchaser has requested will not be achieved so we're worried this will cause issues

We don't want to loose the purchaser but neither do we want to risk loosing money if we start renting now & she pulls out???

4 weeks is normal

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

Heffc wrote: »

Sounds perfectly reasonable

Advertisement