Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Optilase safe (Cork)?

• 18-03-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

My fiancée has booked in to have eye laser surgery in Optilase, Cork.
    She's been assessed and is due to have the surgery in about 2 months.

However, I was chatting to a work colleague today who said she'd heard you should never have it done at Optilase, that you should only have it done in one of the private hospitals, she had heard of people having bad experiences etc.

Obviously, I'm concerned and would love to hear of anyone's experiences of Optilase -specifically the one in Cork. Good or bad, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Bradt Pitt wrote: »
    My fiancée has booked in to have eye laser surgery in Optilase, Cork.
    She's been assessed and is due to have the surgery in about 2 months.

However, I was chatting to a work colleague today who said she'd heard you should never have it done at Optilase, that you should only have it done in one of the private hospitals, she had heard of people having bad experiences etc.

Obviously, I'm concerned and would love to hear of anyone's experiences of Optilase -specifically the one in Cork. Good or bad, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

Had mine done at Optilase two months ago and all good! My eyes were -3 both and are now 25/20! They were very thorough before during and after surgery.

I still have some dryness but that can be expected and will subside. Also my left eye was over corrected.. daytime its like HD! At night there is a difference between right and left though so far re car lights etc. Right is normal while left has some burst. But again that will probably subside over coming month and if not then it's not really a problem anyway. Had mine done at Ely Place in Dublin where their top surgeon and owner is based. It may be worth the trip?

I have a referral if you need it. PM me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I had Lasik on both eyes done in Optilase (Cork) last October and I could not be more happy with the results. I found the staff to be very professional and thorough at all times and I could not recommend them highly enough.

I have no connection with Optilase and I'm not related to anyone there, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Bhail

Comhra wrote: »
    I had Lasik on both eyes done in Optilase (Cork) last October and I could not be more happy with the results. I found the staff to be very professional and thorough at all times and I could not recommend them highly enough.

I have no connection with Optilase and I'm not related to anyone there, by the way.

Hi - So @Comhra 6 years on. How are your eyes? I'm looking to go with Optilase Cork.

Advertisement