Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling in the Netherlands

Options
  • 18-03-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm heading to the Netherlands in a couple of weeks, but I'm having a hard time trying to find a cheap travel option. Is there anything which gives unlimited travel to the main places in and around Amsterdam? I don't know her full schedule, but there's a lot of travel intended, and we're staying about 30 minutes outside Amsterdam.

Anyone have any experiences/recommendations? I was looking at the OV-chipkaart but that's still a pay as you use system (that I can tell!!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Saw the thread title, and leapt in to suggest the OV-chipkaart...and then I saw you've come across it. Yes, it's a pay-as-you-go thing, but it is enormously convenient - almost all public transport accepts it, so what I think you might lose compared with monthly tickets or whatever, you gain in ease of use. (I stayed in the Netherlands a few weeks a couple of years ago.) I got one of the "anonymous" cards (which seemed to be some sort of "grey" market).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's looking like the only option to be honest. Is travelling expensive there?

Advertisement