Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's Parties (includes survey)

Options
  • 18-03-2015 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We have a unique and interesting opportunity for you all today. The Consumer Show on RTÉ is looking to do a piece on the ins and outs as well as costs of children's parties. They have a survey they'd love you to take (should take no more than 5 minutes) here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N5JRHB6

Here's what they have to say themselves:
    RT&#201 wrote: »
    RTE’s The Consumer Show is looking is reporting on the cost of children’s parties. We are looking for a child who has a birthday coming up to take part in the programme. We will have a challenge called “Don’t tell the Child” where our reporter Tadgh Enright will organise a party for a child, who has a birthday coming up. We are looking for a child and parent(s) who would be on for the challenge. We hope to film this during the Easter holidays.
    I have contact details for Clare, who's a member of their team that I'll be happy to pass along to anyone who's interested.

They'd love to hear any thoughts or comments you have on the subject. If there are any previous thread on this (I'm sure there are), I'd be very grateful if people could point me at them so I can assist Clare and the team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Aww, just missed my children's birthdays!

Still though, making the cake, and the paper decorations, and picking the songs for musical statues with the children is half the fun, so I wouldn't wanted to have missed out on that.

People can spend an unlimited amount on parties. We've been to ones with double decker buses, magicians, bouncy castles, snakes, fire engines etc... Costing from 130 euro up to hundreds. We've been at ones with professional caterers, and a few at play centers.

And we've been to ones that are cake and sausages in the house, with some games of chasing.

Any type of party is great, the children enjoy them all. I prefer to do the ones at home because that's what my mum did, and I have really lovely memories of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

I'd love to take part in "don't tell the child". I love planning themed parties, and I easily spend in the region of €200 per party - which is mad. I don't always notice the money at the time as I get a few things here and there related to party theme in the months running up to the party.
    Last year my 3 kids had a space, rainbow and minions theme. This year I'm thinking it may be easier to send them to a soft play area as I'm pregnant and not sure I have the energy for creating decorations etc...

• Company Representative Posts: 13 Verified rep RTE Consumer Show

Hi Surferrosa
    Thanks for you interest in our programme. Do you have a child whose birthday is soon? How old is he/she? Where about in the country do you live? You can email me at clare@cocotelevision.ie with the answers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi Clare, is cocotelevision owned by RTE or are you a private company?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

Hi Surferrosa
    Thanks for you interest in our programme. Do you have a child whose birthday is soon? How old is he/she? Where about in the country do you live? You can email me at clare@cocotelevision.ie with the answers.

Thanks
    Hi, just sent you a mail there :)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 13 Verified rep RTE Consumer Show

Hi vicwatson,

Coco Television is an independent company which produces The Consumer Show for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

As one of Ireland's leading Childrens Entertainers, I've been to 1000's of childrens birthday parties, if you want to get my viewpoint. :rolleyes:

Advertisement