Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA831 today

Options
  • 18-03-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why BA831 DUB-LHR was delayed for more than 5 hours today?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Knock-on from earlier delays resulting from fog at Belfast City.

Nothing could land at City until after 10:00.

Looks like BA had to chop and change aircraft to put the schedule back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

If you were delayed over 3 hours remember to claim your compo under EU rules

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mbshrekito

afatbollix wrote: »
    If you were delayed over 3 hours remember to claim your compo under EU rules

I think weather is excluded

Gone are the days when BA had old Tridents on standby. Nowadays they run schedules so tight that one problem ripples through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

This flight (7.10am) is the first BA DUB-LHR flight of the day and is normally operated by the aircraft that overnights in DUB so I can't see how the delay could have been caused by a knock-on effect.

• Advertisement

You are quite right, I was looking at entirely the wrong flight ( BAW834 )...

/me crawls back under rock

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Mebuntu wrote: »
    This flight (7.10am) is the first BA DUB-LHR flight of the day and is normally operated by the aircraft that overnights in DUB so I can't see how the delay could have been caused by a knock-on effect.

Then the only explanation is a tech fault or crewing issue

Advertisement