Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights question, one is stand-by flight

Options
  • 18-03-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭

I have a stand by flight, to New York for the summer,
    I plan to fly two days before I have to be at a wedding in Detroit , now my question is would I be safe in booking a flight from New York to Detroit before I reach New York or would it be best booking when I reach New York ,

As my flight is stand by i'm worried I may miss my connecting flight if I can't get on the first or second flight out of Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Problem is if you book when you arrive you will pay top money for the flight, on the other hand if your unsure when you will arrive you may miss the flight if you prebook it. If it was during the week perhaps you could risk booking when you get to New York, at weekends flights would be much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Problem is if you book when you arrive you will pay top money for the flight, on the other hand if your unsure when you will arrive you may miss the flight if you prebook it. If it was during the week perhaps you could risk booking when you get to New York, at weekends flights would be much more.

Its a Tuesday,
    I know for sure one seat on the plane to New York will be free as one of our friends who already booked and paid for on a non refundable staff ticket can't make it, So his seat will be free so I may pre book and just chance my arm at getting on the first flight to New York from Dublin

Advertisement