Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are the references for rent a apt or a house?

Options
  • 18-03-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Right now I am a UCD student from China. I'll start my internship from this May, right now I am starting to look for an apt or a house so I can share with my friends. I've checked on Daft, references came out when I looked on some places. Could you advise what are they? Or what do I need to prepare?

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

A reference is usually from a previous landlord. Where have you been staying while studying in UCD? If it's in the student residences, you could ask in that department whether they issue references for the students.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A reference is a statement from someone recommending you for something. Sometimes they are written. Something they are just the name and telephone number of someone who is willing to accept take calls and talk about you.

For renting accommodation, a referee is usually from a previous landlord. Some people will want employer references, too.

For jobs, a reference is usually from a previous manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MatthewQin

Cheers, guess I'll have to talk to my current landlord to prepare my references.

Advertisement