Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Thailand

Options
  • 17-03-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi i was wondering about flights to Thailand am looking to go end off July for 3 weeks do the flight prices change much from now & to then? just wondering will they get cheaper or more expensive closer to the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I don't know how much they are now but we bought BA flights from Shannon via Heathrow and back to Dublin for about €800/person. Their were cheaper options but not from Shannon and that suited us a lot better.

Normally I find that prices tend to increase from 6 months onwards and you're getting close to the 4 month mark now so I wouldn't presume they will get much cheaper really.

Though if I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mike Trix

yeah there around €800 now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mike Trix wrote: »
    yeah there around €800 now

What's the dates? I'm getting prices of 660 with Emirates. Fly Emirates or Etihad if you can! Are you flying to Bangkok or Phuket?

duffman13 wrote: »
    What's the dates? I'm getting prices of 660 with Emirates. Fly Emirates or Etihad if you can! Are you flying to Bangkok or Phuket?

July 20th till aug 10th dublin to bangkok

July 20th till aug 10th dublin to bangkok

Are those dates set in stone? If you do a week before leaving and coming back it's around 620. I've been three times and never paid more than 700

• Advertisement

Are those dates set in stone? If you do a week before leaving and coming back it's around 620. I've been three times and never paid more than 700
    yeah it cant be any earlier than the 20th

yeah it cant be any earlier than the 20th

I'd hold fire for a week or two, it will be tough to get cheaper if your dates are very rigid but I would hazard a guess that at some stage over the next couple of weeks the price will drop. Malaysia Airlines have been doing return flights for in and around the 600 mark for months but they seem to have disappeared when I'm searching now

I'd hold fire for a week or two, it will be tough to get cheaper if your dates are very rigid but I would hazard a guess that at some stage over the next couple of weeks the price will drop. Malaysia Airlines have been doing return flights for in and around the 600 mark for months but they seem to have disappeared when I'm searching now

yeah will do.its some difference in price they seem to get more and more expensive end of july onwards

yeah will do.its some difference in price they seem to get more and more expensive end of july onwards

Yeah only for a week or two then they drop. Check Skyscanner daily. When I booked my trip last year 4 times the price dropped for one day, one particular day by over 150 euro per person. Just make sure you pull the trigger when it happens.

Yeah only for a week or two then they drop. Check Skyscanner daily. When I booked my trip last year 4 times the price dropped for one day, one particular day by over 150 euro per person. Just make sure you pull the trigger when it happens.
    will do cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Have you tried KLM? We flew with them Dub-BKK via Amsterdam last Sept for 520. They do special offers on Wednesday occasionally called WOW deals.

toadfly wrote: »
    Have you tried KLM? We flew with them Dub-BKK via Amsterdam last Sept for 520. They do special offers on Wednesday occasionally called WOW deals.

had a look there but costing a bit mre money il have to have a look on a wednesday though to see if theres any deals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

had a look there but costing a bit mre money il have to have a look on a wednesday though to see if theres any deals

Today is Wednesday ;) They arent on every week, sign up for the newsletter.

toadfly wrote: »
    Today is Wednesday ;) They arent on every week, sign up for the newsletter.
    sorry am still getting over paddys day thanks will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Set a price alert on Skyscanner and on kayak. kayak will email you every day if you set it that way and Skyscanner will email you when prices change.

Set a price alert on Skyscanner and on kayak. kayak will email you every day if you set it that way and Skyscanner will email you when prices change.

can that work for certain dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

can that work for certain dates?

Yeah.

Your dates will be on the expensive side anyway as you're flying on Mondays. Midweek would be cheaper if you're flexible.

Advertisement