Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to buy?

Options
  • 17-03-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking to buy a house in north Dublin at 300,000 mark. Not sure if I should wait or buy now.
    Also do you know the best bank to get mortgage with. Have 100,000 deposit so looking at a 200,000 mortgage over 30 years.
    Appreciate any advice given

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭bilbot79

wishful8 wrote: »
    Looking to buy a house in north Dublin at 300,000 mark. Not sure if I should wait or buy now.
    Also do you know the best bank to get mortgage with. Have 100,000 deposit so looking at a 200,000 mortgage over 30 years.
    Appreciate any advice given

I think kbc have the best rates. I'm not sure if god could even call the dublin market. A while ago I would have fancied prices to come down but with the euro low there'll be foreign investors propping it up.

Maybe you shouldn't try to call it. How much rent are you paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wishful8

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Ithink kbc have the best rates. I'm not sure if god could even call the dublin market. A while ago I would have fancied prices to come down but with the euro low there'll be foreign investors propping it up.

Maybe you shouldn't try to call it. How much rent are you paying?

Thanks for that will have a look at kbc

Rent not really an issue as im house sitting an empty family members house. It's more wanting my family home before children start in school next year. I'm in my early 30s and have been renting etc for last 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

wishful8 wrote: »
    Thanks for that will have a look at kbc

Rent not really an issue as im house sitting an empty family members house. It's more wanting my family home before children start in school next year. I'm in my early 30s and have been renting etc for last 8 years.

Then buy now. If its security you want and you've found somewhere that your happy raising your family in, then who gives a feck about neg. Eq.
    It's buying somewhere that you won't be happy in long term or somewhere you can't afford that's a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭skallywag

Then buy now. If its security you want and you've found somewhere that your happy raising your family in, then who gives a feck about neg. Eq

Good advice there. The whole notion of this property ladder needs to be discarded. Save up (just as you have done OP, well done) and buy a suitably sized house in an area which suits, and be happy with your lot. It doesn't seem to be the done Irish thing but there is a lot to be said for such a philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wishful8

skallywag wrote: »
    Good advice there. The whole notion of this property ladder needs to be discarded. Save up (just as you have done OP, well done) and buy a suitably sized house in an area which suits, and be happy with your lot. It doesn't seem to be the done Irish thing but there is a lot to be said for such a philosophy.

Thanks for the advice, it's what I needed to hear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement