Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

afternoon tea

Options
  • 17-03-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, want to bring my mammy to afternoon tea within the next 2-3 weeks (for her birthday) and I am wondering where are peoples opinions of the best place to go? I am based in Ballyjamesduff and we would like somewhere nearby that would not require too much travel. budget 25 euro each max.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Crover House, 10 mins from BJD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Crover House, 10 mins from BJD.

That is the plan at the moment but decided to ask here in case anyone had opinions on there or any other locations nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Farnham Estate?

Farnham Estate?

any opinions on afternoon tea here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I haven't had the afternoon tea but have stayed in the hotel and eaten there and was very impressed with it

• Advertisement

I haven't had the afternoon tea but have stayed in the hotel and eaten there and was very impressed with it

I was at a Christmas party there a few years back and I had a voucher for the spa there 3 years ago. Both times I enjoyed it.

If anyone has opinions on afternoon tea in farnaham estate or crover or anywhere else in immediate area feel free to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Im not one for afternoon tea but the Kilmore does it and has them fancy trays with tiers on it and scones etc...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

KYRANS IN VIRGINIA NEXT TO LAKESIDE MANOR

Hi folks went out to Crover today to sample their offerings with my mother. Have to say I enjoyed it.

Two small scones (with jam and cream) , two small pieces of smoked salmon on brown bread, 4 small cubes of sandwiches, 2 profiteroles and 4 other fancy buns and a nice big pot of tea. Not sure how that compares to elsewhere for the price I paid.

Perhaps the discussion could continue for future reference. I will try St Kyrans the next time and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

lycan238 wrote: »
    I will try St Kyrans the next time and report back.

Start saving now!!

• Advertisement

Red Fred wrote: »
    Start saving now!!

€15 euro each (says that on their website). That's only a few euro dearer than what I paid last Wednesday in Crover. I save money weekly anyway so that part of it is not a problem.

Advertisement