Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C Holiday destinations?

Options
  • 17-03-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My group of friends (8 girls) are currently looking for a holiday destination for about a week or so next July to celebrate the end of the leaving cert exams. Just wondering would anyone have any recommendations? (not interested in santa ponsa, ibiza ect). We were originally looking at Galway for the Galway races but quickly found out it would be quite expensive and not guaranteed good weather.
    One of the girls suggested zcre beach in croatia as there some music festival on 11-18th of July but im just not too sure...
    any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sopot, near Gdansk in Poland.
    Cheap, almost everyone speaks English, history, culture, sea, sand, great beer and food. They can have big music festivals too, so just avoid them in terms of accommodation. Lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lana96

Oh good suggestion, just would be a bit worried in terms of weather? In the month of July could good weather be (almost) guaranteed? are there beaches in the area?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

One big long beach. Any summer I've been to Poland has been lovely. You're not going to get Canaries temperatures, but you would be quite unlucky to get an Irish style July.

Here's a link might give you an idea of the place and what it offers:
    http://www.mapkazdaszkiem.com/English/map%20of%20Sopot_hotel%20in%20Sopot_places%20in%20Sopot.html

It's very safe and chilled out. I was there only last Sunday - still quite a number of visitors about although it's really a summer town.
    http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/sopot

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BCION

Myself and a few mates went to Santa Ponsa to celebrate the exams 2 years ago and had a great time. Everybody out there is Irish, post leaving cert and are there for the same reason. You've almost a guarantee of meeting people future college friends (Randomly ended up living with a lad I met out there for my first year in college!) and defiantly guaranteed +25* weather.

Do you not want your nightlife to control your holiday? Where in Ireland are yous from? If country side I'd defiantly recommend SPonsa for a wake up call before College!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ShaneCliff

Caherdaniel, Kerry.
    Has Derrynane beach (voted Ireland's 2nd best beach by the Irish Times), 2 hotels close by, and local saying; (Always Sunny in Derrynane!) is never wrong!! Sea sports, pubs, restaurant, Kerry Way. My favourite place in the world! Friendly locals, and always has teenagers around on holidays.

And I swear I'm actually not a local... haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

The closer it gets to June, the more and more a few in a group I have keep talking about Ponsa/Magaluf. Every day, have to keep refocusing them. Jeepers, I could nearly tell you their entire agenda. Been raving about it all year.

They seem to be THE places to go this past few years.

Advertisement