Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team- Alpha- WARRANTY?

Options
  • 17-03-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

hi! lads, I have a small problem,
    I sent for repair warranty scope to the company-Alpha-team in Dublin
    scope was purchased 12-months ego, girl on the phone told me the warranty has ended and I have to cover the cost of shipping to the US.
    but UE regulation says- a minimum warranty is 2 years,any suggestions on this issue?
    someone had any problems with this company before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Who is the manufacturer of the scope? How much did the scope cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭MysticMah

Redfield - life warranty
    250 Euro

first had cracked glass, the other dirty glass in the middle

MysticMah wrote: »
    Redfield - life warranty
    250 Euro

As I understand it, the problem is getting the scope back to Ireland. There are so many rules and regulations, many companies do not want to ship scopes outside of the US.

There are actually parts made by EU companies, manufactured in the EU, and distributed in the US by companies that will not ship to those parts to the EU because of regulations.:confused:

That said, the Redfield is not a military scope and should not fall in to the restricted category.

Have you contacted Redfield directly? They are part of Leupold, correct? I would contact them directly to see if they would ship to Ireland. If not, have you any relations in the States?

Not sure who Team Alpha is. However, in fairness to them, most places I deal with only give a 90 day warranty, from thereon, it has to go back to the manufacturer.

What went wrong with the Redfield?

FISMA wrote: »
    As I understand it, the problem is getting the scope back to Ireland. There are so many rules and regulations, many companies do not want to ship scopes outside of the US.

There are actually parts made by EU companies, manufactured in the EU, and distributed in the US by companies that will not ship to those parts to the EU because of regulations.:confused:

That said, the Redfield is not a military scope and should not fall in to the restricted category.

Have you contacted Redfield directly? They are part of Leupold, correct? I would contact them directly to see if they would ship to Ireland. If not, have you any relations in the States?

Not sure who Team Alpha is. However, in fairness to them, most places I deal with only give a 90 day warranty, from thereon, it has to go back to the manufacturer.

What went wrong with the Redfield?
    first had cracked glass, the other dirty glass in the middle.
    I understand it, but- if you run a business in the EU you have to obey the law,and if you are selling a product from outside the EU you should be aware of the consequences, UE regulations says-
    Whether you bought the goods in a shop or online, under EU rules you always have the right to a minimum two-year guarantee period at no cost.
    This 2-year guarantee is only your minimum right and national rules in your country may give you extra protection. Remember that any deviation from EU rules must always be to the consumer's benefit.
    If an item you bought anywhere in the EU turns out to be faulty or does not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace it free of charge or give you a full refund or reduction in price. In some EU countries you will be offered the choice between all four remedies from the outset. Otherwise you will be able to ask for a full or partial refund only when it is not possible or convenient to repair or replace the item.
    why do I have to pay for the cost of shipping to US, scope was 12 months old,
    I understand the 24 months warranty, and after that pay for the cost of shipping

• Advertisement

MysticMah wrote: »
    why do I have to pay for the cost of shipping to US, scope was 12 months old,

So the problem isn't the warranty - it's the shipping?

How much is the shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I would be interested in your source for the EU regs on a two year guarantee, surly this can't be on all goods as some items only have short term guarantees in relation to thier usage etc.
    I've seen the small print on some of the so called life time warranties / guarantee and can tell you they weren't honored in other regions of the world. Return postage etc tends to be at the cost of the customer.
    I would try and push the retailer for the return cost, but you may find the volume or type of business they do may not facilitate a two way service with a main dealer.

Just for sure what I mean-
    If you get some in UE about 50$ and you have 24 months warranty in UE, you ship this to the shop\ dealer we're you get, and this shop\dealer have to do repair or repleced. after 24 .months if the factory seys this product have live warranty and you want to fix, you cover shipping to factory.
    I don't worried about cost of ship, I will pay if I have. But many shops around don't respect customer law.
    Oder way ? If you pay 50$ and ship cost will be 60$ you will ship?

ok, ALPHA-TEAM Ltd. get me money back, thank you for good customers service

Advertisement