Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turvey Villas Donabate....anyone familiar with the area?

Options
  • 17-03-2015 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi

As the title says, I am viewing a 2 bed apartment for sale up there this Friday and I am not familiar with the area.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/22-turvey-villas-in-stunning-condition-donabate-dublin/1036834/

Does anyone know what the area is like? The apartments are in a somewhat remote area, I think on the grounds of an old golf court (which has since closed down and moved to a separate location I believe).

The pros that I can think of are:
    .Affordable price for a 2 bed
    .Cheap management fees
    .Remote and peaceful location

The cons I can think of are:
    .Far walk to any amenity, the main street is about 30 mins walk
    .Poor transport links
    .If the golf court has closed down, what could possibly be built on the grounds?

If anyone has any useful information about these apartments (or even the area) I would be grateful.

PS: One last little thing that has me gutted is that only 3 months ago, some of these apartments sold for under the 100k mark and now this one is at 135k. There is so little for sale in Dublin so I think 135k is still a good price....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Lovely little apartment but my concern is it's out in the back of beyond. Generally I'd only consider an apartment close to something, but that's just me.

I assume you drive and own a car, I think that's a must.

Finally I really think the price is being affected by lack of supply in Dublin and the CBI rules. I'd want to come in significantly under the asking price in all honesty. I'd have major concerns when the bubble bursts.

EDIT Just had a check there, definitely property in the price bracket in Finglas and Ballyfermot which I would consider more desirable in terms of work availability, you're paying a premium for the 'nice area' and condition of the apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    PS: One last little thing that has me gutted is that only 3 months ago, some of these apartments sold for under the 100k mark and now this one is at 135k. There is so little for sale in Dublin so I think 135k is still a good price....

If similiar apartments sold for 100k 3 months ago I'd be offering in that ball park tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Thanks for your replies guys.

I am concerned about the fast growing prices and I just wish I could have bought in the last half a year but obviously I wasn't in a position to do so.

Does anyone know what Donabate is like to live in general? Like the main street, local pubs/shop etc? Is it a fairly upmarket area?

Advertisement