Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 1070 panel tamper !

Options
  • 17-03-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone could help me out on this,
    I upgraded the alarm system in house to hkc 1070 last week everything is working fine when tested bar the panel tamper.when I open the panel tamper when system is unset it does not trigger the internal siren or external siren ? Keypad just beeps and says panel fault
    The old panel would sound instantly when the system was unset or set ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi just wondering if anyone could help me out on this,
    I upgraded the alarm system in house to hkc 1070 last week everything is working fine when tested bar the panel tamper.when I open the panel tamper when system is unset it does not trigger the internal siren or external siren ? Keypad just beeps and says panel fault
    The old panel would sound instantly when the system was unset or set ?

The system will only indicate a fault on the system when unset.
    If it is full set it will go into alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sparkobrien77

altor wrote: »
    The system will only indicate a fault on the system when unset.
    If it is full set it will go into alarm.

So it's just the way the panel was designed ?
    Also I wired a internal bell in as well but put its tamper in series with the ext bell tamper I'm wondering would that be the norm or would you have put the internal bell tamper on a separate wired zone tamper ??

So it's just the way the panel was designed ?
    Also I wired a internal bell in as well but put its tamper in series with the ext bell tamper I'm wondering would that be the norm or would you have put the internal bell tamper on a separate wired zone tamper ??

That is correct, all newer systems are set up this way.

The tamper can be wired in series with the tamper return or else into the tamper side of a spare zone if you have one available.

That is correct, all newer systems are set up this way.

The tamper can be wired in series with the tamper return or else into the tamper side of a spare zone if you have one available.

Cheers I appreciate that,yes I wired it in series with ext bell but when I open the internal bell tamper the ext bell only sounds and not the internal,is that correct

Cheers I appreciate that,yes I wired it in series with ext bell but when I open the internal bell tamper the ext bell only sounds and not the internal,is that correct

Yes that is correct as when you open this tamper its like opening the outside bell.
    If you have a free zone I would wire it into the control panel.

• Advertisement

Yes that is correct as when you open this tamper its like opening the outside bell.
    If you have a free zone I would wire it into the control panel.

Altor sorry for troubling you but I'm wondering have you any experience with hkc gsm q ? I tried to add it to my system today with a 3 SIM card but when I go into status it's saying Sim Missing, I have the sim setup with no pin,it has signal were the panel is and when I had it in the phone I could send and receive texts and calls,it just seems the system isn't recognising the SIM card ?

Altor sorry for troubling you but I'm wondering have you any experience with hkc gsm q ? I tried to add it to my system today with a 3 SIM card but when I go into status it's saying Sim Missing, I have the sim setup with no pin,it has signal were the panel is and when I had it in the phone I could send and receive texts and calls,it just seems the system isn't recognising the SIM card ?

No problem at all. The 3 network wont work with the GSM for texting.
    All others do.

No problem at all. The 3 network wont work with the GSM for texting.
    All others do.

A that would explain it,pity I've wasted 2 hours messing about with it ha thanks again.

A that would explain it,pity I've wasted 2 hours messing about with it ha thanks again.

You wont be the first and last person to do this :D
    At lease you know the problem and solution now :)

Advertisement