Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom

Options
  • 17-03-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hello,

Hopefully this is in the right place sorry if not mods.

So Basically myself and my partner are moving apartment after a falling out with the Landlord, Last year we had signed up to Eircom package as there was no UPC point available in the apartment.

We are now moving back home for a bit to get deposit etc up for the new apartment and I rang up Eircom looking to cancel the package explained the situation but they now expect me to pay the remainder or the contract out before I can leave them which is currently about 256 euro which I thought was madness as I thought there would have been a flat fee etc to remove the services.

Has anyone had any similar situations like this ? any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately, they are correct. You signed a contract with Eircom for a fixed duration. One of the standard T&Cs in contracts if that if you want to leave early, you pay for the remainder of the service.

The only thing is to appeal to them for some discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Eircom announced price rises recently and emailed their customers to inform them they had a 30 window to leave their contract as the price rise broke the existing contract. Check and see if they emailed you in the last month

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Cheers lads , unfortunately I didnt receive any email about this .wonder if it's because am still on the existing 12 month contract I wouldn't of received this or should this have been sent to all customers ? Least I could try use this when cancelling the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Companies don't have to email you about recent price changes. Making the announcement in the public press usually covers them. What I'm trying to say is that you may not have received an email, but you could still be impacted.

Here is more information on the price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

dudara wrote: »
    Companies don't have to email you about recent price changes. Making the announcement in the public press usually covers them. What I'm trying to say is that you may not have received an email, but you could still be impacted.

Here is more information on the price increases.

Cheers , I'll ring them and ask them if due to changes am allowed cancel etc and if not fork over the cash .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Eldoco wrote: »
    Cheers , I'll ring them and ask them if due to changes am allowed cancel etc and if not fork over the cash .

I was still in my contract. It seemed that not everyone was getting an email at the same time.
    Its worth trying it anyway. I got out of my contract. When I was on the phone to them a month ago I couldn't remember the exact date I had got the email. I just told the girl I had got it a couple of weeks ago and she said fair enough. She did try to keep me by offering a reduced rate but I moved to Vodafone.

Advertisement