Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good tablet around €150 with USB + hdmi

Options
  • 17-03-2015 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Have an old Zenithink tablet that I got from China about 5 years ago,was grand at the time but old and sluggish now. So am looking to upgrade but don't have a whole pile of cash €150 max. Looking for a 10 inch Android with a half decent screen,good battery life, decent processor,quick enough and would like a USB port as my old one has one which is handy on long journeys in the car as I've loaded up Fireman Sam episodes on a key,keeps him occupied! HDMI port would be handy too. Would use it for general browsing, watching videos, YouTube etc.Dont mind buying a Chinese one again(apart from getting hit by customs) or from Amazon. Would consider a second hand one on adverts or donedeal if it was in good condition so feel free to advise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

"Looking for a 10 inch Android with a half decent screen,good battery life, decent processor"

Sounds like you want a ferrari but don't want to pay for it..

Anyway, take a look at the Nexus 9, you won't get a good fast tablet with a good screen for 150 euros, most are cheap/crappy processors with a half as good screen and running some weird android version on it with a lot of installed apps which you will never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Asmooh wrote: »
    Sounds like you want a ferrari but don't want to pay for it..

Anyway, take a look at the Nexus 9
    Don't know much about tablets so just looking for advice from those who know more. As I said I don't mind buying second hand if that offers better value. I'll check out that nexus, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭droidman123

You could try this one.specs are not bad for the price.it hasnt got a usb but theres a keyboard available with usb you can buy as a "bundle". The seller doesnt deliver to ireland so parcel motel is an option

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MASSIVE-LIMITED-Android-KitKat-Tablet/dp/B00NHJOO9E/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1426582628&sr=8-28&keywords=10%22+android+tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Looks good, it's got an sd slot so could play Fireman Sam on my sd card through it. Specs look decent for the price. One thing - it says external 3G connectivity, does that mean I can connect to internet without using wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Have this myself & find it very good,no problems. Can take otg usb & has a hdmi connection. m.dabs.ie/products/asus-refurb-memo-pad-me301t-10-1-inch-ips--tablet--blue--android-4-1-95N4.html?q=refurb&src=16#usedstock

• Advertisement
Advertisement