Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Don't Text Back For X Amount of Time Rule

Options
  • 16-03-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Two things that drive me bananas.

1. People who rarely answer their phone, and send you a text within a minute of missing your call to say sorry for missing it. You then call again and they do the same thing.

2. People who when you see them in person, they have their phone in their hand all the time. Yet when you message them it seems to take them an eternity to respond or else don't at all.

I am referring to both sexes by the way and good long term friends. :(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

So what!?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

People who you ring, they don't answer and then text back within a minute saying

"Are you looking for me"

Oh lord have mercy! Some people really take the pîss!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Maybe your a knob ? Are you sure they treat everyone this way or is it just you ?
    Try being less of a knob.
    KNOB

TheCoolWay wrote: »

1. People who rarely answer their phone, and send you a text within a minute of missing your call to say sorry for missing it. You then call again and they do the same thing.

2. People who when you see them in person, they have their phone in their hand all the time. Yet when you message them it seems to take them an eternity to respond or else don't at all.

I am referring to both sexes by the way and good long term friends. :(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

It's not a rule, it's called prioritising real life.

I take ages to reply to whatsapps? Why? Because I have better things to do, such as talk to real people on, uh, boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

conorh91 wrote: »
    It's not a rule, it's called prioritising real life.

I take ages to reply to whatsapps? Why? Because I have better things to do, such as talk to real people on, uh, boards....

But they are on the phone all the time.

So ehh that puts that theory out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

listermint wrote: »
    But they are on the phone all the time.

So ehh that puts that theory out.

Emm.....Its maybe a hint???

Agh no.....its probily really candycrush

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

I see the leprechaun trolls are out early for Paddy's Day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

TheCoolWay wrote: »

Maybe they don't want to talk to you.

Don't mean that in a bad way but if people aren't taking your calls and you are showing your number, then that could be an option. I hate talking on the phone, despise it and so I will often not answer it (never answer private calls at all).

A real bugbear of mine is people that text and then call five minutes later wanting to know why you didn't reply. Christ on a cross. That's another reason I miss the early to mid 90s. You could just fcuk off for the day and people had to dead with it. Now people want to you are their beck and call all the damn time. (Not you specifically OP, but just in general) ..if you have something urgent to say, text it and if you get no reply, take the hint.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You're not liked by the people you think like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭begrandx

I have friends I consistently do that to. For a few reasons:
    1. I live in a black hole and have crap coverage so rarely answer the phone.. Piecing together the sentence with every second word gets annoying
    2. When I do answer it's usually someone having a rant that goes on and on and on
    3. I don't like people knowing what I'm at and I'd never answer the phone in company.. I could be asked an awkward question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What about cheap b#stards who constantly use the ole 'one-ringer' strategy when calling you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I hate it when people ring me, there is absolutely no reason for it in 2015.

It's so annoying, the pure presumptuousness of it - DROP EVERYTHING, STOP WHAT YOURE DOING, AND GIVE ME ATTENTION RIGHT NOW.

How about f*ck off instead - send me a text or a whatsapp, and when I can I'll reply.

nm wrote: »
    I hate it when people ring me, there is absolutely no reason for it in 2015.

It's so annoying, the pure presumptuousness of it - DROP EVERYTHING, STOP WHAT YOURE DOING, AND GIVE ME ATTENTION RIGHT NOW.

How about f*ck off instead - send me a text or a whatsapp, and when I can I'll reply.

Yes but some things are easier sorted with a 30 second phone call then a string of texts or whatapps that go nowhere. There is no problem with not answering a call, I do the same myself if busy.

Im talking about people who will text you back, fb message, whatsapp you all day but when you give them a brief call they go into hiding. I can assure you they are doing f all all day but stuck in their phone (unemployed)

Don't mean that in a bad way but if people aren't taking your calls and you are showing your number, then that could be an option. I hate talking on the phone, despise it and so I will often not answer it (never answer private calls at all).

A real bugbear of mine is people that text and then call five minutes later wanting to know why you didn't reply. Christ on a cross. That's another reason I miss the early to mid 90s. You could just fcuk off for the day and people had to dead with it. Now people want to you are their beck and call all the damn time. (Not you specifically OP, but just in general) ..if you have something urgent to say, text it and if you get no reply, take the hint.

haha i don't hassle them. They call me too but whenever I call them they reject it and say they are busy. I think i've answered my own question here, don't answer their calls from now on!

humberklog wrote: »
    You're not liked by the people you think like you.

A face only a mother could love

Advertisement