Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tablet

Options
  • 16-03-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Would anyone care to give me an idea as to what tablet to buy i am buying 1 for the first time and would like to get one that lasts . However there is one problem: i would like to spend less then 200 euro if at all possible. any help would be greatly appreciated (btw if im doing something the wrong way sorry i'm new!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

how long is a piece of string?
    I dont think anyone can answer that without a few more questions.
    what will you be using it for? travel? work? streaming? reading? gaming?
    all these things matter so to help us help you please give us as much info as possible.
    I wasnt being cheeky with my first reply. Its just you will find it hard to get a decent enough answer without some more info

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irishlad94

work streaming and mostly gaming

is there any other pieces of information that might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Preferred screen size? Any manufacturers you don't like I.e. Samsung

Xiaomi Mipad is a nice tablet, I have one, couldn't complain about it, think its about €200

what games do you play?
    nexus 7 from argos would be a good one probably
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1388381/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780850%7CiPad%2Band%2Btablets%7C24662256.htm
    I dont use my tablet for games. I have the lenovo yoga which has great battery and a class screen.
    The asus memopad which only has 1gb of ram and tesco hudl, battery life on that is shockingly bad :(
    have a look at the nexus or lenovo.

• Advertisement

about 7 inch screen theres no brands i specifically dont like i just want 1 that will last. thanks i will look that up

Is 7". Been sitting on my desk for 4 days and its gone down about 30%, battery is great

where did you buy it?

I think I got it from www.geekbuying.com I'll check my email

Edit yeah geekbuying. It was 350USD when I bought it last July so hopefully the price has dropped or the exchange rate will force it way over budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

For that money and about that size id try for the following

Nexus 7 2013
    hudl 2 (use parcel motel or ebay)
    lenovo s8 50
    Asus memopad ME572C (tricky to find to 2gb model still though)

Reason i reccomend that lot is they are all 2gb. All cept the nexus 7 have good intel processors. I think the nexus is still worth it if you can get a bargain, as its always a gamble with the others if you get an update.

If you can source those id drop the budget and get a memopad 7 with 1gb (make sure its the intel one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

daytob wrote: »
    what games do you play?
    nexus 7 from argos would be a good one probably
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1388381/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780850%7CiPad%2Band%2Btablets%7C24662256.htm
    I dont use my tablet for games. I have the lenovo yoga which has great battery and a class screen.
    The asus memopad which only has 1gb of ram and tesco hudl, battery life on that is shockingly bad :(
    have a look at the nexus or lenovo.

Do you have the Yoga 10 HD+ Daytob?

no just the yoga 8 :(

do you know where i could find some of those tablets online?i have no idea where to find the hudl the memopad or the lenovo

Lenovo
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1415807/Trail/searchtext%3ELENOVO+YOGA+8.htm

have to order the hudl2 from tesco up north or england and use parcelmotel.
    Asus Memopad. dont mind its a refrub
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Memo-Pad-HD-7-Inch-Wi-Fi-16GB-Tablet-Grey-/171523301099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3

I didnt link the correct asus sorry :(

and theses are all good quality? also whats peoples opinions on the samsung galaxy tab 3? and of those which do you think is the best??

Galaxy tabs are ****e. ****e android skin, ****e build, ****e cameras and ****e processor

ok message received of the tablets you have suggested which 1 in your opinion is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

irishlad94 wrote: »
    do you know where i could find some of those tablets online?i have no idea where to find the hudl the memopad or the lenovo

Lenovo S8-50 Also seen it in Currys Cork for €220

Asus ME572C

HUDL 2 you might need to parcel motel this one.

Finally Argos are a decent choice for tablets if you don't fancy those, here is the 1gb model of the memopad.

and out of all those which 1 do you think is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭smilerf

I have a Lenovo Yoga 8 which i find great.
    Battery is unreal too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

and out of all those which 1 do you think is the best?

Nexus 7 all the way....

We have the older 2012 model and the newer 2013 one, hands down best android tablet for the money....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Galaxy tabs are ****e. ****e android skin, ****e build, ****e cameras and ****e processor

Have you tried out the Tab S? Amazing piece of kit, best screen on the market with 3 gigs of RAM. Camera is up there as one of the best also, 8MP with flash.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Have you tried out the Tab S? Amazing piece of kit, best screen on the market with 3 gigs of RAM. Camera is up there as one of the best also, 8MP with flash.

Nowhere near worth €500 imo, it is an impressive device though.

Not to go OT though, I'd say Nexus 7 is one of the best bets for you OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Nowhere near worth €500 imo, it is an impressive device though.

Not to go OT though, I'd say Nexus 7 is one of the best bets for you OP

Tab S 8.4 is now €299 from Argos, with the 10.5 at €439 - both are well worth the money.
    Nexus 7 is not worth it at €200 these days really.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Hi OP,

There's a nice HP 8" 16GB tablet in PC World that might suit your needs
    .pcworld.ie/Product/8-wifi-tablet-hp/325238/398.1.0

there's also this acer too
    .pcworld.ie/Product/acer-iconia-one-8-tablet-16-gb-blue/324912/398.1.0
    (im not allowed post links so add the http and www to the links above)

both are €140 so well within your budget,

i have set up the HP tablet twice for 2 family members and was extremely impressed with it, both were running Kitkat very well and were almost bloat free and uses the Kitkat stock launcher so there's no ugly skin on top, there's also an sd card slot for added storage and the screen is quite good too for the price.
    I'm currently thinking of buying myself to replace my Nexus 7(2012) that's how much i liked it, only gripe i have is the uncertainty of it being updated to Lollipop because 5.1 is brilliant :)

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

about 7 inch screen theres no brands i specifically dont like i just want 1 that will last. thanks i will look that up

I bought my brother a samsung galaxy tab 4 8 inch for €189, I think it was a bargain.

Advertisement