Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing riffle for same calibre

Options
  • 16-03-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Lads I'm upgrading my .17hmr for a thumb hole heavy barrel .17hmr. The question I would like to know is will I have to wait a couple of months till my new licence comes back or can my f/o sign something because it's the same calibre I was on to them today and the f/o isn't back until end of the week. Just wondering has anyone recently changed there gun for same caliber if so what is the system working now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You can do a sub on the fca1 form. It is only meant to take up to two weeks to process as it is not a new application, the licence will run for the length of your current licence and it wont cost anything extra. It can take longer though i was left waiting about 4 months, it all depends on your station etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Definitely substitution, unrestricted rifle for unrestricted rifle. Believe it or not it can be done as such even for different calibers as long as the category of firearm remains the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭vermin hunter

juice1304 wrote: »
    You can do a sub on the fca1 form. It is only meant to take up to two weeks to process as it is not a new application, the licence will run for the length of your current licence and it wont cost anything extra. It can take longer though i was left waiting about 4 months, it all depends on your station etc..
    Sound juice thanx die the input. I bre member changing shotguns before the new system and all I need to bring the gun hone was the guards to sign the licence as far as I can remember.

Advertisement