Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SetCPU app

Options
  • 16-03-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I just rooted my Nexus 5 for the first time. I've seen people recommending this app to improve battery performances. Have anyone used it and if so could you recommend setting to use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drop every every core by 80% and see how the phone runs is generally how I go about under clocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Drop every every core by 80% and see how the phone runs is generally how I go about under clocking

Thanks,do you use the app. The first tab is where your set the overall CPU speed. Its at 300mhz main & Max by default. Your can also change the CPU mood on demand interactive etc. The next tab is for profiles -set speed when screen is off etc

No but I've used CPU controllers on other phones. I don't even own a nexus, they're all the same

No but I've used CPU controllers on other phones. I don't even own a nexus, they're all the same

As you probably realised I'm a noob at this.

Yep. :D:D
    Ah no, this is the one I like to use, simply hit the Max. Freq box and pick the second or third from bottom option, hit "Apply on Boot" and then apply.

• Advertisement

Yep. :D:D
    Ah no, this is the one I like to use, simply hit the Max. Freq box and pick the second or third from bottom option, hit "Apply on Boot" and then apply.

Thanks I'll have a look. Does it require a custom ROM.How do yo know if need a custom ROM. Would the app appear to run as normal but do nothing in the background?

No it requires root. I don't think any app actually requires a custom rom. And most custom roms are based on the Nexus firmware so unless you wantCyanogenmod you don't need a custom rom.

I don't understand what you mean by the last question

No it requires root. I don't think any app actually requires a custom rom. And most custom roms are based on the Nexus firmware so unless you wantCyanogenmod you don't need a custom rom.

I don't understand what you mean by the last question

From what I have been reading some of the CPU apps and other apps that require root access require a custom ROMS for kernel support.I stand to be corrected but I've read it on a few forums.

I downloaded the app you suggested,its a more simplified version but I think I prefer SetCPU. You can add different profiles for for when your phone is locked or when a certain app is open. I suppose its trial and error. Thanks for your help though.

Advertisement