Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does letting agency have to specify date and time for maintenance work?

Options
  • 16-03-2015 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

We received email from our letting agency that there will be maintatance job Carried on in next month. Not specified date or time and that person who is doing it will have keys. Do they have right to do it or they should advise time and date?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I think they should definitely provide you with a specific date and an indication of time - morning or afternoon - at least.

As a landlord I would always run it by the tenant in case they want to be there.

I would request the letting agency give you more details..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It it is inside your property, you should be given the reasonable opportunity to be there, so that means a date and time. You should try to be flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sometimes the agency contacts you to say that it will happen, and the person doing it contacts you to confirm the date/time, because it's easier if the tradesperson and you negotiate directly.

Check if this is the case before getting mad at them for suggesting otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 _gossip_girl_

thank you all for advise. What annoyed me most is that email was very general saying they will be doing "work" in "next few weeks" and that maintatance person will have a keys. No mention that someone will be in touch to arrange it etc. I really have no problem with necessary things that have to be done but the tone of the email and not considering fact that it's not just property no x but someone's home annoyed me the most! Especially in the climat of contibious rent raises. I don't mean to be picky but sometimes things like this are just this one thing too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I would contact them and let them know that you don't want them to access your apartment while you're out, and that you would like them to give you a specific date and time. This kind of thing happens all the time and if you don't complain about it they will just do the work whenever it suits them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement