Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Kyle... Contradiction or what!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Isn't he well placed to help people with similar issues if that's the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bit of nothing in this Kyle is actually well respected in the horseracing industry so much that he was actually favourite at one stage to present it on tv. To say he has a gambling addiction is a bit unfair would you say the same about people like jp mcmanus that built a fortune from this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

yomamma wrote: »
    This lad is famous and Rich for trying to help people with addictions..

I thought he was famous for exploiting working class people under the guise of 'helping them sort out their problems'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

My ghasts are flabbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

libelula wrote: »

He is promoting gambling. He says he is a recovering gambler.. Thats like a recovering heroin addict promoting heroin.. There is no difference

• Advertisement

He is promoting gambling. He says he is a recovering gambler.. Thats like a recovering heroin addict promoting heroin.. There is no difference

Sam in Cheers was an ex-alcoholic but he ran a bar.

I don't see you complaining about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Tzardine wrote: »
    My ghasts Flubbers are flabbered.

Fixed that for ya:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Unless he had a child with a horse and refused to have a DNA test, then sadly, no.

What addictions has he ever helped people overcome? Sadly not the one to crap daytime troll TV

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bit of nothing in this Kyle is actually well respected in the horseracing industry so much that he was actually favourite at one stage to present it on tv. To say he has a gambling addiction is a bit unfair would you say the same about people like jp mcmanus that built a fortune from this.

He admitted on his show many of times he has a gambling problem and how it nearly ruined his life.... I wouldnt say the same about jp Mcmanus because he doesnt host a TV show like Jeremy Kyle does...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

He admitted on his show many of times he has a gambling problem and how it nearly ruined his life.... I wouldnt say the same about jp Mcmanus because he doesnt host a TV show like Jeremy Kyle does...

AH-HA! You watch it!!!

And you would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I, for one, cannot get over the fact that this show is primarily based on people having affairs, paternity tests needed etcetera and all are possibly the most revolting looking people I've ever seen :confused:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sam in Cheers was an ex-alcoholic but he ran a bar.

I don't see you complaining about him.

He doesnt have a talk show that is based on helping people with addictions.. If he did then I would say same about him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

He doesnt have a talk show that is based on helping people with addictions.. If he did then I would say same about him...

Neither does Jeremy Kyle.

floggg wrote: »
    Neither does Jeremy Kyle.

His show is more than 50% based on problems relating to people with addictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He once fancied Straw Bear to win a Champion Hurdle.....now that, was hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I always wonder who's zooming who with Kyle. Everyone hets put up in a hotel and a few quid appearance money. There's been more than a couple of people that have just got together for the few on some ballix pretext.

They all deserve each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

His show is more than 50% based on problems relating to people with addictions.

And 0% based on helping them.

Honestly, the only problem here is people who take that show seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't watch his show but id imagine the type of people that do watch it would have the same problem you have with him doing an add for Cheltenham, keep your chin up and find a hobby it will be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

libelula wrote: »

Not necessarily. Some people who overcome addictions can counsel in the field but certainly not anyone who has been addicted to something can.

People hoping to become counsellors are assessed and counselled themselves to assess their suitability of the job.

I'd imagine Kyle would be in the 'Not suitable' category, but that's not what his awful show is about anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

There is a difference between heroin addiction and gambling.
    I gamble. My guess is your badly worded post is about lives ruined by a heroin addiction and compulsive losing gambling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Leave him alone. He's our Oprah.

Also he's not a real person. That doesn't help either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Coup detat wrote: »
    The most ridiculous aspect to Jeremy Kyle is the tone of contempt and anger with which he speaks to his guests. It only serves to make them defensive.

It deos make for great hangover/semi awake tv!!!

Though being honest I always taught it was exploitive tv....getting poor people and what are obviously less intelligent for the most part in on the premise of helping them/some money involved I'd guess
    But in fact all he is doing is exploiting them to make a programme and himself rich in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There is - gambling is legal, heroin isn't.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Saw a bit of it a while ago . Felt sorry for the guests,some of them looked genuinely distressed.
    The muppet shouting at them wasn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

And when Graham the nurse arrives on set jezza goes into stunned awe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It does make for great hangover/semi awake tv!!!

No, it doesn't! A few times I've woken up and that has been on. My unconscious had probably being hearing the programme before I woke up, and when I did eventually come to, I just felt dirty, as if I'd been involved in something sordid.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

everlast75 wrote: »
    I, for one, cannot get over the fact that this show is primarily based on people having affairs, paternity tests needed etcetera and all are possibly the most revolting looking people I've ever seen :confused:

Ah, so his show in the states has the same premise across the Atlantic.
    His show make me miss Oprah

Advertisement