Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst run of luck.

Options
  • 16-03-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

My uncle is a horribly unlucky man, he bought a house in meath, was only in it 2 days and it was robbed, he bought a german Shepard for extra security it too was robbed. He took the following day off work as a truck driver to check to local pounds to see if it had wound up in one of them, it hadn't. He was leaving for work the following morning and he was arrested for a hit and run which had killed a man on a bicycle, it turned out the lad driving the truck the previous day had hit him and tried to bail out of the country, but because the truck was registered to him he took the initial blame.

back in the early 80's he bought a motorbike, had it stolen and parts removed within the first 3 days of owning it. He got it back the following week missing a few parts and his insurance paid to have it fixed, on the 3rd day of having it back he headed off to work on it. Shortly after leaving the Gardai called to my grandmothers door and explained there had been an accident and she needed to head to the hospital that he was in a bad way on reaching the hospital it turned out the guy who had stolen the bike had cloned the reg plate and landed himself in ICU.

Share your stories of unlucky people please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is you're uncle in a black and white movie or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Got an empty lucky bag once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Jaysus, is your uncles name "Jonah" by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Was walking down the road last christmas, when to my utter shock I spotted a folded up €50 note on the ground, so I pick the note up and try to unfold it, it was then that I realized the it was just a quarter of the note and someone had cut it off with a sissors. I think you need to have over half of the note in order to get a replacement :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Jaysus, is your uncles name "Jonah" by any chance?

My awl lad was calling him that last night, I knew of the shananagins with the house but only heard of the Craic with the motto bike yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

There is some duchas following your uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I have a distant relative with a physical disability which makes it almost impossible for him to be in a relationship. He's been assaulted about three times and had his ear bitten off, on every occasion these were unprovoked attacks. He had a serious work injury (this is not the same disability I mentioned earlier) about 15 years ago and fucked up his back, so he's in constant physical pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I know a family that has the worst string of bad luck I have ever heard of. It is like someone put a curse on them or something. There have been heart problems, machinery accidents, kidney issues, cars spontaneously going on fire, several operations, bones breaking, you name it - it's probably happened to them. It's actually scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Is your uncle, Frank Spencer or Wiley Coyote? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

My neighbour has 4 daughters under the age of 6.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

mad muffin wrote: »

He made his own luck, he could have kept it in his pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I know a family that has the worst string of bad luck I have ever heard of. It is like someone put a curse on them or something. There have been heart problems, machinery accidents, kidney issues, cars spontaneously going on fire, several operations, bones breaking, you name it - it's probably happened to them. It's actually scary!

Are they permanently drunk? Is that what's going on?

Are they permanently drunk? Is that what's going on?

Ha nope! They're a lovely, normal family. They're just incredibly unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

joe stodge wrote: »
    he bought a german Shepard for extra security it too was robbed.

Sorry but I laughed.

I suppose I'm a bit unlucky myself. Or just incredibly accident prone. I've dislocated fingers and a knee, I've had neck and back injuries, I missed the bottom step on some stairs and messed up my foot and busted my head off the wall at the same time, I've hurt pretty much every joint in some way, I'm always bruising myself or getting scratched, I've been in 3 car accidents, I'm also constantly breaking cups and glasses (no mirrors, oddly enough!) .

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

He bought a german Shepard for extra security it too was robbed.

Perhaps the dog realised he was living on the set of Ross Kemps Road Wars and ran off

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Sorry but I laughed.

I laughed too.... and I regret nothing :pac:
    It's like something you'd see in Big Train or Man Stroke Woman (or any other more unusual sketch show)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Friend of a friend was on holidays in Amsterdam with her boyfriend. They had a fight and broke up. Crying her way back to the hotel room, she got hit in the face by a tram :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

he bought a german Shepard for extra security it too was robbed.

Did they take the dogs wallet or what?

Friend of a friend was on holidays in Amsterdam with her boyfriend. They had a fight and broke up. Crying her way back to the hotel room, she got hit in the face by a tram :pac:

I did not see that coming (same as her I imagine haha), but I laughed again, man this thread is bringing out the worst in me :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Did they take the dogs wallet or what?

They were collared in the end anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

My neighbour moved in with his girlfriend.......and she lives in Wexford!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Is that bad luck ?
    Or just not being careful when crossing a tram track..... Not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I laughed out loud at this. How did she just get hit in the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Cool story bro.

Was your Uncles last name Mitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

mad muffin wrote: »

Wait until he has 4 daughters aged between 16 and 20 and there is a queue of young fellows at the front door waiting to roid them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Is that bad luck ?
    Or just not being careful when crossing a tram track..... Not sure
    Who knows. If you can be pedantic, then perhaps theres no such thing as luck
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I laughed out loud at this. How did she just get hit in the face?

Just paraphrasing what my friend told me. They broke up while they were both baked in a cafe and she wandered off crying. As anybody who has been to Amsterdam can testify, it's highly pedestrianised but also has trams and cyclists bloody everywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My uncle is a horribly unlucky man, he bought a house in meath.......

Thats not bad luck, its downright carelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My mother's cousin had the worst year ever.

First, her son died, driving home drunk. Three months later her husband was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer and he was dead within another 6 weeks. Then her daughter had to move home as the daughter's husband had thrown her through the window and she got a restraining order. Then, finally, she got breast cancer.

She is fine now, but that was a really bad time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well that escalated quickly! :eek:

Advertisement