Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find out who landlord is

Options
  • 16-03-2015 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi. I am having great difficulty with next door neighbours who are continually playing loud music at night. I have complained to them a number of times but the music still starts up again. Can anyone advise me where I can't find information on who their landlord is so I may complain to them? For obvious reasons I cannot ask them. Many Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

PRTB website will tell you if the tenancy is registered. From there make a complaint to the PRTB.

http://www.prtb.ie/dispute-resolution/3rd-party-applications/guide-to-third-party-dispute-applications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Evian98

Thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

PRTB website will tell you if the tenancy is registered
    No it won't, at least not conclusively. There are registered tenancies that do not appear online for reasons known only to the developers and maintainers of the PRTB website/database.

I hope the OP gets this resolved. Inconsiderate a-hole neighbours like this can really ruin peoples lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Evian98 wrote: »
    Hi. I am having great difficulty with next door neighbours who are continually playing loud music at night. I have complained to them a number of times but the music still starts up again. Can anyone advise me where I can't find information on who their landlord is so I may complain to them? For obvious reasons I cannot ask them. Many Thanks for your help.

You can get details (for a fee) of the registered owner from the Land Registry office.

murphaph wrote: »
    No it won't, at least not conclusively. There are registered tenancies that do not appear online for reasons known only to the developers and maintainers of the PRTB website/database.

I hope the OP gets this resolved. Inconsiderate a-hole neighbours like this can really ruin peoples lives.
    cocoman wrote: »
    You can get details (for a fee) of the registered owner from the Land Registry office.

You two really are intent on making this way more complicated than it really is.

OP follow the PRTB procedure and if you're the 1% of cases outlined above come back armed with more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You two really are intent on making this way more complicated than it really is.

OP follow the PRTB procedure and if you're the 1% of cases outlined above come back armed with more info.
    If you think these issues are generally easily resolved by writing a letter or 2 to the PRTB I'm afraid that you are mistaken. Anti social behaviour like this is not even taken particularly seriously by the powers that be, despite the terrible effects it has on decent people in the vicinity. Anyway, good luck OP.

murphaph wrote: »
    If you think these issues are generally easily resolved by writing a letter or 2 to the PRTB I'm afraid that you are mistaken. Anti social behaviour like this is not even taken particularly seriously by the powers that be, despite the terrible effects it has on decent people in the vicinity. Anyway, good luck OP.

So your advice is what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Obtain an official looking envelope or mock one up - print one off with "Sue, Grabbit & Run Solicitors" or similar and post it to "The Legal Owner/Landlord". The tenants will likely pass it on. Inside the envelope, place a reasonably worded letter setting out the anti social behaviour identifying dates and times. Include also reference to recent PRTB cases where landlords have been fine thousands for permitting the ASB to continue. Provide an anonymised email for a response if you don't want to provide your home address. Give a 2 week period for a response detailing that you are giving the LL an opportunity to deal with the matter outside the PRTB.

Advertisement