Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poxy hangouts

Options
  • 16-03-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

howerya's ok i think i might be a dumbass here and not have things sorted properly, but my hangouts are acting the bollix as in sometimes not showing the contacts name while getting a sms despite having the contacts name stored in there and also its un-merging conversations randomly which i think is connected to the first problem somehow aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd if that wasnt fcukin annoying enough its resetting its self too as in i have tones for different contacts for sms and it resets it self so any ideas for me

things ive tried are ive deleted the app ive cleared the cache and ive sat naked and spread peanut butter on myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

... SMS, MMS and IM all working fine here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

... SMS, MMS and IM all working fine here

All fine here for me also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

This happened to me once. I changed the default SMS app back to the default OS one and then back to Hangouts again and it started behaving again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭moggser

Cheers, but tried all that, but I don't think contacts are linked or some thing, can't put me finger on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

no idea, what phone, version of android etc?
    maybe install a version of gosms for texting, and use just hangouts, when installing gosms * or any texting app make sure you use it just for sms. set it as the default sms app.
    that might help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭moggser

Nexus 6 latest hangouts and lollipop 5.01 its doin me nut in for a while now

Advertisement