Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think the Same sex marriage referendum will pass?

Options
  • 15-03-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a thread on how will you vote in the referendum and going by polls on this and in the news it looks like it will be a yes vote.
    On social media whenever the referendum most people seem to be in favour if it apart from a few who keep on popping up who all seem to be friends with one another.
    I myself hope the referendum will pass but it will be a lot closer than the polls are showing. There was a letter sent into our local paper last week talking about Sodomy and God's laws.
    So, do you think the referendum will pass or fail?

Do you think the Same sex marriage referendum will pass? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 7 votes
    Maybe
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I think it will either pass comfortably or be embarrassingly close. Depends on turnout really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hope it will pass, but my worry is that people who support it won't bother to go and vote if it doesn't directly affect them. On the other hand those who are vehemently against it will turn out in force. If it passes it could signal an end to many antiquated laws and loosen the grip of the Catholic church and it's acolytes who want to impose their ideas of morality on the rest of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

We in the Gay Community(c) would like to see your membership card, OP. For when people start giving out **** about all the gay threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

"Maybe"is neither here nor there as a pole option.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mod

Sorry OP, gonna keep this on the one thread thanks.

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement