Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial hair on RTE news

Options
  • 15-03-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭

What's with the sudden proliferation of facial hair on RTE news correspondents these days???

Brian Dowling, Fergal Bowers and Seán Whelan all sporting new - and seriously unflattering IMO - beards/taches/both.

Has nobody told them Movember is soo last year (or else very far away this year)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Anne Doyle started the trend years ago, they're just slow to catch up those field correspondents.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hairy Chinese Basterds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Has nobody told you that beards are in this year? What planet have you been on? It has spread far from RTE.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What's with the sudden proliferation of facial hair on RTE news correspondents these days???

Brian Dowling, Fergal Bowers and Seán Whelan all sporting new - and seriously unflattering IMO - beards/taches/both.

Has nobody told them Movember is soo last year (or else very far away this year)?

RTE? Its country wide, Connor McGregor haircuts and beards everywhere...fecking Flutes the lot of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

RTE? Its country wide, Connor McGregor haircuts and beards everywhere...fecking Flutes the lot of them!
    Ah now, the RTE lads are a bit long in the tooth to be modelling themselves on Conor McGregor! (who is a world-class flute all on his own!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

kneemos wrote: »
    Hairy Chinese Basterds.

[Father Ted]Japanese[/Father Ted]

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You know that hipster look exists seperate from Conor McGregor, right? Flocks of it smoking outside of any barbershop recently opened by a middle class 30 year old. Surrounded by anaemic bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Don't be hating on the beards!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

All the beards seem to be austerity hitting them hard, no cash after wages and taxes for a manicure or a basic shave for that matter. Women with a moustache ? laziness, those silver-spoons are more worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

love this beard fashion, you can get away without shaving in work for weeks

a lazy mans dream it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

If you can grow a beard and it isn't prohibited in your workplace, why not? Don't be jealous because you can't grow one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Their probably shop stewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Speaking of hair, what is it with the total lack of bodily hair in men nowadays:confused: Don't get me wrong, the hairy bear look doesn't appeal to me at all, but nowadays it seems like every male actor/celebrity has had laser hair removal and it just looks a bit weird to me.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    If you can grow a beard and it isn't prohibited in your workplace, why not? Don't be jealous because you can't grow one yourself.

Oh, I can grow one, I am just not happy about it...

Speaking of hair, what is it with the total lack of bodily hair in men nowadays:confused: Don't get me wrong, the hairy bear look doesn't appeal to me at all, but nowadays it seems like every male actor/celebrity has had laser hair removal and it just looks a bit weird to me.

I see a lot of male chests. Shaved seems to be the norm. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

There are 2 types of people, those who dont shave and women.

I dont shave my chest either ladies ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

There are 2 types of people, those who dont shave and women.

I dont shave my chest either ladies ;)

What about women who don't shave? You can't beat an untamed bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I like a hairy bear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I'm actually not making a conscious decision or effort to grow a beard, I'm just making a conscious and lazy decision to not shave

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tony EH wrote: »
    [Father Ted]Japanese[/Father Ted]

:p

Ahhh Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Hmmmmmm. Must start watching the news.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

As long as Sharon Ni Bheolain doesn't have a beard then we're all grand.

Advertisement