Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice Sinn Fein style

Options
  • 15-03-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

Having a natter down the pub last night and the Shinners version of justice for victims of rape & child sex abuse came up. I think the choice they offered to the victims of rape/child sex abuse was a) have them shot b) have them exiled or c) you beat the crap out of your rapist yourself. Unsurprising all the lads there agreed with it but their partners were against it, seemed to be a real male/female split. Except for one girl who said that she'd agree with Sinn Fein justice if she was raped but only because conviction rates in Ireland for rape are amongst the lowest in Europe, she said according to the Rape Crisis Center only 6% of rapes that are reported to the Gardai end up in a criminal conviction. She reckons the Gardai don't take rape as a crime seriously at all and (if her stats are correct) I think she has a point. So she said she'd like for her brothers and partner to spend some time in a room with anyone that did that to her.

Obviously the Sinn Fein way isn't a decent way to run society. But I bet any victim of rape would love to get justice Sinn Fein style, it seems a lot better than allowing your rapist a 94% chance of getting away with it

If you or a family were raped would you want justice the Sinn Fein way 3 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Wtf are you talking about? Sinn Fein Style?!!! :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Letting them off to rape again is not a good way to deal with it.

Doubt many would agree with murder either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I bet any victim of rape would love to get justice Sinn Fein style,
    Tell that to Mairia Cahill, Paudi McGahon and possibly many others who were tormented with this warped version of 'justice'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sinn Fein arent the IRA

Also: The starting point for that bit of statistical wizardry is an acceptance that every report of a rape is valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

6% of rapes that are reported to the Gardai end up in a criminal conviction. She reckons the Gardai don't take rape as a crime seriously at all and (if her stats are correct) I think she has a point

they do take it seriously but its very hard to get a conviction for most rapes for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Obviously the Sinn Fein way isn't a decent way to run society. But I bet any victim of rape would love to get justice Sinn Fein style, it seems a lot better than allowing your rapist a 94% chance of getting away with it

Chronic misunderstanding of statistics ahoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

So, the IRA were happy to murder anyone whom they felt was a legitimate target but putting a bullet in the head of a child molester was against their principles. Yeah, sounds about right for that kind of scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The Love/Hate method of punishment would be appropriate too.

Actually, anyone convicted of a violent crime, and I include muggings etc, who gets a suspended sentence because the judge knows they'll be back on the streets before he has his dinner that evening, should get a hiding on the way out of court by a couple of breakfast roll powered Mayo bred guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Wtf are you talking about? Sinn Fein Style?!!! :confused::confused::confused:

OP probably writes for the Indo.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

conorh91 wrote: »
    Tell that to Mairia Cahill, Paudi McGahon and possibly many others who were tormented with this warped version of 'justice'.

Didn't Paudi opt for the exile option? Bit odd letting your rapist off the hook and free to rape others in a different location.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

So, the IRA were happy to murder anyone whom they felt was a legitimate target but putting a bullet in the head of a child molester was against their principles. Yeah, sounds about right for that kind of scum.
    Did you just skip the entire bit where it was explained to you that the IRA shot pedophiles and rapists dead? Guess so.
    Mairia Cahill will back this up herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Didn't Paudi opt for the exile option? Bit odd letting your rapist off the hook and free to rape others in a different location.

Probably didn't want to live with somebodies murder on his conscience.
    Hardly much of an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

kneemos wrote: »
    Probably didn't want to live with somebodies murder on his conscience.
    Hardly much of an option.

Let's see what AH think, they usually go for the "hang 'em high" option and all the keyboard warrior stuff in relation to rapists. Wonder will they side with the IRA on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Yeah, it's so odd that a victim would never want to risk bumping into his rapist down the shops, or in a restaurant, or at a match.

Get up the yard with that. SF and the IRA left victims of rape between Scylla and Charybdis, i.e. to choose between harmful options which denied them access to justice. I don't really see any point in dwelling on the position Paudie McGahon was put in, because every option that was put before him was equally fcuked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

But I bet any victim of rape would love to get justice Sinn Fein style, it seems a lot better than allowing your rapist a 94% chance of getting away with it

Coming to a polling booth near you.

(Bots are slow today.)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, that just sounds like AH justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

nokia69 wrote: »
    they do take it seriously but its very hard to get a conviction for most rapes for obvious reasons

So what qualifies Sinn Fein and the ira to prove guilt in these cases more than the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Let's see what AH think, they usually go for the "hang 'em high" option and all the keyboard warrior stuff in relation to rapists. Wonder will they side with the IRA on this though.

Poll added

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Did you just skip the entire bit where it was explained to you that the IRA shot pedophiles and rapists dead? Guess so.

So you are saying she isn't a complete liar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Dan_Solo wrote: »

Do you really expect me to believe that the IRA/Sinn Fein, since they are one and the same, actually dealt with all the child molestors that they knew about?, because I don't believe they did, not for a second. They should have been handed over to the authorities to face the law of the land, failing that they should have been punished in a way that meant they would never physically be able to abuse a child again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

JustTheOne wrote: »
    So what qualifies Sinn Fein and the ira to prove guilt in these cases more than the state?

nothing

I was just pointing out that the Gardai do take rape seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Poll added

Cool. Reported.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

All this is just trying to excuse thugs by trying to to pretend they are vigilantes.

Remind us gain how SF Justice was applied to Liam Adams ?
    Gerry was told back in 1990 at the latest.

Probably best not to comment on Paudie McGahon as that is ongoing.

Do you really expect me to believe that the IRA/Sinn Fein, since they are one and the same, actually dealt with all the child molestors that they knew about?, because I don't believe they did, not for a second. They should have been handed over to the authorities to face the law of the land, failing that they should have been punished in a way that meant they would never physically be able to abuse a child again.

They didn't deal with Liam Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Obviously the Sinn Fein way isn't a decent way to run society.

Answered the question yourself here really. The whole "mob justice" nonsense has been largely done away with in society (at least offline anyway; online - not so much).

But I bet any victim of rape would love to get justice Sinn Fein style, it seems a lot better than allowing your rapist a 94% chance of getting away with it

You'd lose that bet.

I actually don't know where to start, but there are so many things wrong with the premise of this thread. So, no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement