Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking in UCD and proposed ban - opinions?

Options
  • 15-03-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm finishing off a masters in public healthcare management, the last bit is some research into what people think about how smoking is handled in UCD.

I'm looking for opinions from UCD smokers and non-smokers aged 18-24 about a couple of aspects of smoking in UCD like culture, supports, rights of smokers etc:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S6Q7GS2

The survey is completely anonymous (So don't hold back! ;) ) and very short, about 3 to 4 minutes. There's also an option to go into more detail on any area you feel strongly about.

There's been some pretty epic threads on Boards over the years on this topic and some of the questions were developed based on those discussions so it would be great to get some feedback from UCD Boardsies on this. Please feel free to share the link around if there's anyone you know who would like to vent on the subject!

Thanks to all in advance.

Edit: Mod approval was sought for this post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Before anyone else reports this (Great response time btw), it was posted with my approval. Generally speaking I am totally ok with academic research based surveys from members of the community, so long as permission is asked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Just did it there. I'd be really interested to read more into this topic, and I'd be grateful if you could let me know how things go with it, or point me in the direction of the final product if possible, by PM or whatever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Thanks very much! I'll organise a soft copy download for anyone interested once it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Thanks very much! I'll organise a soft copy download for anyone interested once it's finished.

I'd really appreciate that. Don't forget now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Done. Good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Filled it out felt a bit bad calling myself a smoker seeing its just usually one on a night out! That aside I had no idea UCD had any 'supports' for quiting smoking in place....

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Thanks very much to all who took the time to respond, very much appreciated especially since we're all being constantly bombarded with survey requests these days!

I'll be closing the link down at midnight tomorrow Wednesday 25th to begin analysis and writeup. The raw data can't be given out per UCD's ethics rules but the dissertation will be available to read after submission and marking etc, I'll organise a softcopy for anyone interested as promised.

Advertisement