Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport to Limerick

Options
  • 15-03-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I'm due to fly home from crete on the 22nd of June the flight arrives into Dublin at 01:50 in the morning. What's the best way to get to limerick at that time of the morning I looked at the bus times and I can't find a bus at that time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You'll have to hang around the airport for the night. First Eireagle bus (direct no stopping) is at 0715, JJ Kavanagh at 0645, Bus Eireann at 6 (very slow service)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

It's a pain but I suppose it will have to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

That's a hard time to arrive. The earliest option I can find is Bus Éireann's bus at 6AM in the morning. The train from Heuston leaves at 7AM and JJ Kavangh's leave at 6:40AM.

Or look into a hotel and travel to Limerick at a more sociable hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You'll have to hang around the airport for the night. First Eireagle bus (direct no stopping) is at 0715, JJ Kavanagh at 0645, Bus Eireann at 6 (very slow service)

Why is Bus Eireann a "very slow service" when it takes the same route and journey time as the JJ Kavanagh service?

If you are going to pass comment at least be accurate.

Earliest Public transport to Limerick:
    Bus to Heuston and 07.00 Train, changing at Limerick Junction arriving Limerick 09.07
    Bus Eireann Direct 06.00 arr 09.25
    Dublin Coach changing at Red Cow 06.30 arr 09.30
    Citylink Eireagle direct 07.15 arr 09.45
    JJ Kavanagh direct 06.45 arr 10.05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Thanks for the detailed information! Really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

You can get a room at the Premier Inn Dublin Airport for €39, nights sleep & a shower, head home later that day, that's what I'd be doing

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Why is Bus Eireann a "very slow service" when it takes the same route and journey time as the JJ Kavanagh service?

If you are going to pass comment at least be accurate.

It's slow because it takes 3+ hours and is a stopping service. Of course you'll notice I chose to ignore the fact the faster bus by an hour departs an hour later anyway ;)

Advertisement