Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday in ireland??? (3yr-50yr)

Options
  • 15-03-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking into a family holiday for the summer this year. I am wanting to go south or west. (Living in Carlow/ Wicklow). I can't decide on where to go.

Details of our group are myself and my 2 ds's (ages 3 and 6), oh, my dad (age 50), my sisters and brother (ages 15-22)

I am wanting to rent a holiday home/ mobile home/ chalet or something or even 2 of them that we can all go into. We want things to do every day, cultural, kid friendly, etc.

I remember when we were young, dad took us to spiddal in galway. We stayed in a chalet for a week. We travelled around galway city, went to an aquarium, fun fair, went on the ferries to Aran Mor and had a blast.

I really want to bring them away and go somewhere fun but I am coming up short. Is there a website that I can type in my wants and find the perfect place?? Or can anyone advise somewhere to go??? Once I have a basis of where to go I can find accom, things to do, etc. I just need a place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Well I am totally biased and think the Kingdom of Kerry could be the place for all of you.

There is a very good website www.gokerry.ie that I think will give you the type of information you are looking for.

Wherever you choose hope you all have a lovely holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

My uncle actually lives in Kerry and so we have sort of used up our quota there. We have done all the touristy things there are to do. Ha ha. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh well I tried:)

Are there any counties you are particularly interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Yes and thanks you for your input on Kerry. It is a fabulous place!!! I especially love dingles rock climbing centre and the water place in Tralee.

I think I have sort of whittled it down to Galway or Cork...

Anyone any input on these???

Advertisement