Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Track your moment history

• 15-03-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭ PirateShampoo

If you want to see what your history has, go to here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0/ and Login with your gmail username / password

If you have an iphone with google maps installed (prior to version 3.2.1), then you can access the same information.

More information on this is here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/4388034?hl=en

You can see on google maps EVERYWHERE you've ever went. I saw an article today while searching for videos, figured I'd try it myself. Sure enough, I can track my movements 24/7 for the last several years. Worst part is, so can the police and anyone else that has your login info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭ Riamfada

Thats crazy. Was able to see my route across Europe in 2012. Also when I hid that body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭ PirateShampoo

Also if your of the paranoid disposition you can log your partners into it lol.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Toots

No location history for me

A lot of people would be unaware of how easy it is to be tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭ keano_afc

Wow, thats cool. Scary at the same time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 Duggy747

Nothing showing for me, always having it disabled since day one paid off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ BeerWolf

Yeeesh, tracking me going to Wexford over Christmas...

Big Brother! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭ Wabbit Ears

nice. Wife stalking done for today. Was hoping for some drama, but no, nothing. Back to the murder plans.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DBB

That's mad... scary and interesting!
    Though even just looking at today, it is showing up a place or two where I just didn't go! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭ GBX

DBB wrote: »
    That's mad... scary and interesting!
    Though even just looking at today, it is showing up a place or two where I just didn't go! :eek:

You may not have been there but it could be picking up the signal from the closest mobile antennae that your phone connected to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DBB

GBX wrote: »
    You may not have been there but it could be picking up the signal from the closest mobile antennae that your phone connected to.

That's what I assumed... because to get to where it said I was, via the route it said I took, would be impossible without a boat :D
    I suppose it illustrates that this could *possibly* get someone in trouble!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Pawwed Rig

I don't have a gmail username or password :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 Zippie84

You can see on google maps EVERYWHERE you've ever went. I saw an article today while searching for videos, figured I'd try it myself. Sure enough, I can track my movements 24/7 for the last several years. Worst part is, so can the police and anyone else that has your login info.

what... like, literally everywhere you've ever went??

Zippie84 wrote: »
    what... like, literally everywhere you've ever went??

Yeah literally everywhere. Its got me on the jacks and everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Pawwed Rig

Yeah literally everywhere. Its got me on the jacks and everything.

Did you check in 'on the jacks' on Facebook?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Of course, i like to think i owe it to the world to let them know when im taking a ....

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

jeez, even that time you first went to the jacks when you were 3? impressive!

Zippie84 wrote: »
    jeez, even that time you first went to the jacks when you were 3? impressive!

3? Was you a late developer? ;)

3? Was you a late developer? ;)

Nope, I wasn't referring to me.

I've no idea when I was potty trained, as it's not showing up on my google locaiton history for some reason ;)

Advertisement