Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track your moment history

Options
  • 15-03-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

If you want to see what your history has, go to here: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0/ and Login with your gmail username / password

If you have an iphone with google maps installed (prior to version 3.2.1), then you can access the same information.

More information on this is here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/4388034?hl=en

You can see on google maps EVERYWHERE you've ever went. I saw an article today while searching for videos, figured I'd try it myself. Sure enough, I can track my movements 24/7 for the last several years. Worst part is, so can the police and anyone else that has your login info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thats crazy. Was able to see my route across Europe in 2012. Also when I hid that body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Also if your of the paranoid disposition you can log your partners into it lol.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

No location history for me

A lot of people would be unaware of how easy it is to be tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wow, thats cool. Scary at the same time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Nothing showing for me, always having it disabled since day one paid off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Yeeesh, tracking me going to Wexford over Christmas...

Big Brother! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

nice. Wife stalking done for today. Was hoping for some drama, but no, nothing. Back to the murder plans.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

That's mad... scary and interesting!
    Though even just looking at today, it is showing up a place or two where I just didn't go! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

DBB wrote: »
    That's mad... scary and interesting!
    Though even just looking at today, it is showing up a place or two where I just didn't go! :eek:

You may not have been there but it could be picking up the signal from the closest mobile antennae that your phone connected to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

GBX wrote: »
    You may not have been there but it could be picking up the signal from the closest mobile antennae that your phone connected to.

That's what I assumed... because to get to where it said I was, via the route it said I took, would be impossible without a boat :D
    I suppose it illustrates that this could *possibly* get someone in trouble!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I don't have a gmail username or password :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

You can see on google maps EVERYWHERE you've ever went. I saw an article today while searching for videos, figured I'd try it myself. Sure enough, I can track my movements 24/7 for the last several years. Worst part is, so can the police and anyone else that has your login info.

what... like, literally everywhere you've ever went??

Zippie84 wrote: »
    what... like, literally everywhere you've ever went??

Yeah literally everywhere. Its got me on the jacks and everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah literally everywhere. Its got me on the jacks and everything.

Did you check in 'on the jacks' on Facebook?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Of course, i like to think i owe it to the world to let them know when im taking a ....

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

jeez, even that time you first went to the jacks when you were 3? impressive!

Zippie84 wrote: »
    jeez, even that time you first went to the jacks when you were 3? impressive!

3? Was you a late developer? ;)

3? Was you a late developer? ;)

Nope, I wasn't referring to me.

I've no idea when I was potty trained, as it's not showing up on my google locaiton history for some reason ;)

Advertisement