Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show is dead

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

shane7218 wrote: »

Did anyone in AH actually think it was any good ?

Not I. The presence of Brendan "ballsy" O'Connor indicated crap, and the few snatches of it I've seen bore that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

He makes Tubbers look polite and interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Never been infected by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nodin wrote: »
    Not I. The presence of Brendan "ballsy" O'Connor indicated crap, and the few snatches of it I've seen bore that out.

No. Brendan is great.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93486269

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

When was the Saturday Night Show ever alive? I dislike Brendan O'Connor's face very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

ramond darcy is excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Brendan's not the worst. I think his interest in the guests was more genuine than Tub's ever was.

You, Sir, are a disgrace to both your county and humanity in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

This as about as predictable as one of Ray D'arcy's jokes.

Brendan O'Connor himself adverted to the rumours some weeks ago, when speaking to John Murray. He said there was speculation that Ray D'arcy was about to get the Saturday Night Show.

And guess what RTE's next 'big announcement' will be...

conorh91 wrote: »
    This as about as predictable as one of Ray D'arcy's jokes.

Brendan O'Connor himself adverted to the rumours some weeks ago, when speaking to John Murray. He said there was speculation that Ray D'arcy was about to get the Saturday Night Show.

And guess what RTE's next 'big announcement' will be...

They put O'Connor on the late late?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

ramond darcy is excellent

True. As brake blocks on a high nelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

BO'C is a truly awful interviewer. I wonder what moron in RTE decided to anoint him into the role..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Karl Stein wrote: »
    BO'C is a truly awful interviewer. I wonder what moron in RTE decided to anoint him into the role..

They breed blandness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

shane7218 wrote: »
    I cant believe it has lasted this long but its finally finished for good.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/brendan-oconnor-the-saturday-night-show-is-finished-31067107.html

The highlight has to be this :D

Did anyone in AH actually think it was any good ?

I hope this version of the song is stuck in your head for the rest of your life Shane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

I hope this version of the song is stuck in your head for the rest of your life Shane!!!

Its something I have tried to forget, but cant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tv3 will probably jump all over this opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

It was a low budget cringe-fest with a charmless interviewer. I can count on one hand the number of times I actually watched it, and was filled with immense regret each time. My mother, for some inexplicable reason, looked forward to it every week and actually liked BO'C.

Looking at the video the OP included, it's little surprise that Justin Healy was exec producer on it. This is the guy who presided over the complete shambles that was the IFTA awards show in 2014:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/rt%C3%A9-broadcast-of-iftas-a-badly-produced-shambles-1.1752338

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Well thank ****.... But then again probably replace it with another shambles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

never even knew it existed.

there is no m'eh big enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,846 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

never even knew it existed.

there is no m'eh big enough

That should be an option in the poll, or I Never Watched It.

I never watched it, so I cannot offer any opinion on it, or take part in the poll.

18 people in the poll think it is terrible. I presume they never watched it more than once, when they knew it was so bad after the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That should be an option in the poll, or I Never Watched It.

I never watched it, so I cannot offer any opinion on it, or take part in the poll.

18 people in the poll think it is terrible. I presume they never watched it more than once, when they knew it was so bad the first time.

Another option in the poll should be..

I never watched it but I do have an interest in thread title's concerning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

STATLER: Boo!
    WALDORF: Boooo!
    S: That was the worst thing I’ve ever heard!
    W: It was terrible!
    S: Horrendous!
    W: Well it wasn’t that bad.
    S: Oh, yeah?
    W: Well, there were parts of it I liked!
    S: Well, I liked alot of it.
    W: Yeah, it was GOOD actually.
    S: It was great!
    W: It was wonderful!
    S: Yeah, bravo!
    W: More!
    S: More!
    W: More!
    S: More!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So it's Saturday Night Show with Ray D'arcy. Brilliant. Can't stand the sum git O'Connor. Mind you I agree as an interviewer he is far superior to Tubridy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Karl Stein wrote: »

and even at that he is better than Tubridy. Lets his guests talk, can go off script, doesn't behave like a deer in the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Saturday Night Show was ok if there was nothing else on, BOC was nothing special as a presenter but still way ahead of Tubirdy who just looks uncomfortable if he is interviewing anyone who isn't a Politican or if it's not a serious topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

You look at Graham Norton, then you look at the Saturday Night Show and then you change back to the Graham Norton show. (Figuratively speaking of course, GN airing on the Friday and all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ArtyC wrote: »
    Well thank ****.... But then again probably replace it with another shambles

It's darcy apparently so yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Tigger wrote: »
    It's darcy apparently so yeah

From bad to worse. Can't stand him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I can honestly say I never once watched it

Advertisement