Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 12a

Options
  • 14-03-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I will be starting a job in just under a month's time. As it is my first paid employment, I understand I need to fill in a Form 12a. I was just wondering if I can do this now or do I need to wait until I actually start the job first? Does the employer need to fill anything in on it first? I want to avoid having to pay emergency tax as much as possible.

Any information would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

You can do it now if you have your new employers registered company number. I could ring them up and ask for it. You can fill in the for online and print it off to sign it. Post it to tax office for your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I've just filled out this form now and sent it away last Friday. Am I right in thinking I can get my tax refunded for the past pay dates? Only been working for about 8 weeks. First job.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

hi all,
    where Do I need to send the form 12a?
    I am living in dublin south
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

1) open www.revenue.ie

2) open the "conact locator" (towards the bottom right)

3) enter your PPS number

4) read the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

Already done. but my pps number seems not registered yet. So it is not valid in that field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

PAYE customer service and compliance
    85-93 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2
    D02 HD59

Advertisement