Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Site with planning permission

Options
  • 14-03-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Wondering about the taxes and fees on buying a site with full planning permission.

Is there stamp duty to be paid?
    Property registration fees?
    Does anyone have a rough idea of solicitors fees?
    Are there any other fees or taxes I should watch out for?
    Anything else I should watch out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

2% on the cost of the land but nothing on the house once it'd complete.

Solicitor, we are paying 750 plus vat for the mortgage to build not sure how much yo process buying the land.

Development levy contribution, depending on you Co council, kildare is nearly 12500.

Engineer to see the project through, again depending on who you use were at 6200 plus vat.

Esb and water connection cost, we haven't be quoted yet.

Probably 30000 on top of the cost of the build.

Our bank told us to include all of these costs into our mortgage and then we we got the all clear the told us the under writers wouldn't finance the above and we may have to get a top up.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

cikearney wrote: »
    2% on the cost of the land but nothing on the house once it'd complete.

Solicitor, we are paying 750 plus vat for the mortgage to build not sure how much yo process buying the land.

Development levy contribution, depending on you Co council, kildare is nearly 12500.

Engineer to see the project through, again depending on who you use were at 6200 plus vat.

Esb and water connection cost, we haven't be quoted yet.

Probably 30000 on top of the cost of the build.

Our bank told us to include all of these costs into our mortgage and then we we got the all clear the told us the under writers wouldn't finance the above and we may have to get a top up.

Best of luck

Thanks for all the info.

I read somewhere that it's 1% on the cost of the land if there's planning on it already. Am I imagining that?

Good to know about the mortgage. Hoping to buy the site and then go for the mortgage, but if I've to finance all the above I won't have any cash after buying the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Make sure you are fully read up on assigned certifiers etc, things have changed a lot last year and days of getting few mates to put up the house are long gone

TheDriver wrote: »
    Make sure you are fully read up on assigned certifiers etc, things have changed a lot last year and days of getting few mates to put up the house are long gone

Have a chartered engineer with insurance etc in the family so will be ok on that front. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Rackstar wrote:
    I read somewhere that it's 1% on the cost of the land if there's planning on it already. Am I imagining that?

We had paid 1% as our solicitor said he could pull some strings but had to give him another 1%.

I'm not sure if I'm aloud name the bank, but ours offered us 100% mortgage as we owned the land. Others wanted 10% plus 10% retention incase we went over budget which would have us give up a lot of our savings.

• Advertisement

cikearney wrote: »
    We had paid 1% as our solicitor said he could pull some strings but had to give him another 1%.

I'm not sure if I'm aloud name the bank, but ours offered us 100% mortgage as we owned the land. Others wanted 10% plus 10% retention incase we went over budget which would have us give up a lot of our savings.

Cheers. There seems to be a lot of differences on the terms from the different lenders who cover self builds.

Advertisement