Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert subject choice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

I do Bio, Chem and Geog. None was picked by me. Bio is highly intersting for me. Chemistry, I cannot cope. Geography, consistently good at it but lots of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

I do Bio, Chem and Geog. None was picked by me. Bio is highly intersting for me. Chemistry, I cannot cope. Geography, consistently good at it but lots of work.

Thank you for replying, is there many experiments in the bio or chem?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

padraigmck wrote: »
    Thank you for replying, is there many experiments in the bio or chem?

There is a lot in both. Just in Chemistry there are computation questions for the experiments. I just counted now and there's 28 mandatory experiments for Chemistry and 22 for Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Do Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Geography :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aocy

if you have chosen ag sci Bio overlaps with it in a few areas. genetic grosses and DNA being the main areas. on the otherhand Geog overlaps nicely if your school does geo ecology for the 80 marker and that will cover most of your soil questions in both topics. its better to pick the overlaps becaus eit reduces the amount of extra material you need to learn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you do Materials Technology for the Junior? If you did and you're any use at it, I'd choose Engineering - very large percentage for practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zed1

Of these, I only do Religion but I love it! I really enjoy Theology in general so I'm biased but I do like it especially for the coursework element as it takes some pressure off for the exam.
    It is, however, NOT an easy A if you or anybody else reading this thinks so!! It's hard, but worth it!

As it's a humanities based subject, if you're more of a mathsy-science-y head (based on your current choice) I'd go for Biology or Chemistry. I'd recommend Bio as I took it for a year and I found it interesting. And yeah, also the Ag Sci overlap. Chemistry is very difficult. My school's teacher is one of the best in Ireland, and most students find it difficult - even the science heads.

I hate hate hate Geography so I won't give an opinion on it. But, like Religion, I believe there's a coursework component so you have 10% (or is it 20%?) of your marks in your bag before you sit the exam.

I actually picked the subjects last week and picked
    1 Accounting
    2 Ag science
    3 Biology
    4 Engineering
    So thank you all for replying

Help me!
    I have now to choose between biology and chemistry and I really don't know which One to do.
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Do you have any idea what you want to do in college?

Biology requires a lot of rote learning and reading; chemistry involves more complicated concepts and calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Help me!
    I have now to choose between biology and chemistry and I really don't know which One to do.
    Thanks in advance

I'd go for Biology. It's very easy to do well in if you learn your stuff and it's quite an enjoyable subject to study. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Help me!
    Thanks in advance
    Which did you like best for JC?

If you like maths, you'll probably find chemistry easier than if you don't (that's not to imply you have to be a maths whiz-kid or anything).

Advertisement