Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get away

Options
  • 14-03-2015 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭

I hate rugby with an unbridled passion.

Is it possible to escape to somewhere where there wont be two weeks talk about each individual 6 nations game involving Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Islamic State

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Islamic State

Are you joking? They completely lose the head over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

The island of Lesbos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Bray

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Hang out with some people who share you views?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Wide Load wrote: »
    Hang out with some people who share you views?

They'll probably end up watching rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Pray they lose,won't be a word about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I want to get away,
    I wanna fly away.

Fcuking love rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Yes, but Paul o Connell makes his 100 appearance, Jonny sexton is 6-1 for man of the match, and were not allowed to talk about grand slam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Read a book while the rugby is on.
    When rugby comes up in conversation, patiently wait for conversation to change to something you have more interest in.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Pray they lose,won't be a word about it.

I don't care if they win lose or draw. Every media outlet will discuss it until wednesday at the earliest then they'll just start into the scotland game

Read a book while the rugby is on.
    When rugby comes up in conversation, patiently wait for conversation to change to something you have more interest in.

I'll be as far away from a tv set as it is possible to get at the time of kick off. I usually glaze over at the mere mention of rugby in conversation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Do you ever notice the shocked look on peoples faces when you tell them you have no interest in rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Must say I feel this way about Cheltenham. Managed to avoid most of it during the week. Took a couple of minutes every evening to catch up on what happened and apart from that avoided it like the plague. To each their own. Nice dry day out plenty of ways to distract yourself if its not your cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Are you joking? They completely lose the head over it.

You've some neck making a joke like that.

Do you ever notice the shocked look on peoples faces when you tell them you have no interest in rugby?

Absolutely. What they understand even less is that the majority of them will not retain any interest in the team when they become crap again.

Yes, but Paul o Connell makes his 100 appearance, Jonny sexton is 6-1 for man of the match, and were not allowed to talk about grand slam

Who?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Stick with Sky Sports news. Jeff and the boys won't mention the egg chasers...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭tritium

I hate rugby with an unbridled passion.

Is it possible to escape to somewhere where there wont be two weeks talk about each individual 6 nations game involving Ireland?

New Zealand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Wales will win by 7 points.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

The Rugby thread is a good laugh. It's all the fault of the evil English Ref at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Wales will win by 7 points.

Well called.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Fat people who wear rugby jerseys - 'I am not fat i am big because i play rugby' lol.

Advertisement