Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are Dublin house rentals advertised?

Options
  • 14-03-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

HI Folks

So, we're moving to Dublin and seem to be managing with school places but where are the rentals advertised?

home.ie doesn't seem good for rentals.
    Looks like daft.ie and rent.ie have the same properties but there are only 1768 properties advertised for the whole of Co. Dublin.

Are there other places to look? Do all letting agents advertise on daft? Is there much of a market for privately let houses without agents and where do they advertise?

We're stumped so any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Daft.ie

In case you haven't heard the rental property market is very tight.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Daft.ie

In case you haven't heard the rental property market is very tight.

Good luck.

Thanks. That's not much change availability for a population of 1.27 million!

I will try asking around community forums because there must be a better way.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

sites like gumtree can be worth a look at

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody I know that advertises Propety, put it on Daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You need to be very quick on the ball to get the good places in Dublin they tend to go very quickly. When we got our new place there were 60 people lined up for viewing it! We got the landlord to show it to us the day before and took it there and then! If we had been one of the 60 seems highly unlikely we would have got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

sign up for email alerts on Daft, at least you'll get to know of new properties for rent quicker than those who dont sign up, it might help give you an edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Daft.ie is the only site people use. As its the only property site, that doesnt look like something from 1998. A good idea is sticking a post on your FB, asking people do they know anyone in Dublin having a house/apartment come free in a bit. I know a few people that got rooms/apartments through a FB post.

I wouldnt knock a house shares either. They are the norm in places like Germany. Although most Irish think they are above them. Also dont knock living with other nationalities. The differences between young Irish, German and Spanish is minimal.

hfallada wrote: »
    Daft.ie is the only site people use. As its the only property site, that doesnt look like something from 1998. A good idea is sticking a post on your FB, asking people do they know anyone in Dublin having a house/apartment come free in a bit. I know a few people that got rooms/apartments through a FB post.

I wouldnt knock a house shares either. They are the norm in places like Germany. Although most Irish think they are above them. Also dont knock living with other nationalities. The differences between young Irish, German and Spanish is minimal.

Thanks. FB os a good idea. I'm not above a house share but when the others meet my two kids they may no be so keen. ;) And I already am another nationality and living with an Irishwoman has worked out pretty well these last 20 years.

Is it worth talking to letting agents to try to get access to properties before they are let?

Thanks. FB os a good idea. I'm not above a house share but when the others meet my two kids they may no be so keen. ;) And I already am another nationality and living with an Irishwoman has worked out pretty well these last 20 years.

Is it worth talking to letting agents to try to get access to properties before they are let?

Where are you looking to rent?

kceire wrote: »
    Where are you looking to rent?

By the seaside!

It's a bit dependent on getting school places and a rental in the same place, but our short-list is:

Skerries
    Donabate
    Howth
    Possibly Dun Laoghaire

We are looking for a 3 or 4 bed with some kind of garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Raffa400

Just following on from this. I'm moving back from London to Dublin. The market here is very much that you only start looking when you're ready to move in. Is it like that in Dublin? We're moving back in May/June, so when would you advise to start looking?

Raffa400 wrote: »
    Just following on from this. I'm moving back from London to Dublin. The market here is very much that you only start looking when you're ready to move in. Is it like that in Dublin? We're moving back in May/June, so when would you advise to start looking?

no point looking now as they will be well gone by then, unless you want to start paying rent now to keep a property that you really want to get.

Raffa400 wrote: »

Good luck. We can form a mutual support group. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SimonTheITGuy

I've noticed letting agents now saying they have databases of good previous tenants, who always paid rent on time, didn't damage property, gave adequate notice. Landlords are probably looking at these databases before advertising their house/apartment on sites like daft.ie

I've noticed letting agents now saying they have databases of good previous tenants, who always paid rent on time, didn't damage property, gave adequate notice. Landlords are probably looking at these databases before advertising their house/apartment on sites like daft.ie

Thanks Simon. These are my thoughts so I need to speak to some agents.

Advertisement