Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History Project HELP?

Options
  • 14-03-2015 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Over the last few weeks I have been thinking about projects for my Leaving Cert History exam, but I have not found one I am really interested in.
    My ideas already:
    Bardic Poetry, (Effects)
    Białowieża forest in Poland,(Search for a Large cow to hunt)
    The Desert Fox ,(Was he even a Nazi )
    hanseatic league,
    Seán Russell,
    Gibraltar killings,
    Kevin Barry Kilmichael Ambush,
    The Rise and fall of Hitler,
    The gulags.
    I hope you all could help me with my project and help me with new ideas or even help me with the ones I already have.
    Thanks,
    Rosa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Rossward wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks I have been thinking about projects for my Leaving Cert History exam, but I have not found one I am really interested in.
    My ideas already:
    Bardic Poetry, (Effects)
    Białowieża forest in Poland,(Search for a Large cow to hunt)
    The Desert Fox ,(Was he even a Nazi )
    hanseatic league,
    Seán Russell,
    Gibraltar killings,
    Kevin Barry Kilmichael Ambush,
    The Rise and fall of Hitler,
    The gulags.
    I hope you all could help me with my project and help me with new ideas or even help me with the ones I already have.
    Thanks,
    Rosa.

It is highly recommended you do a local topic (local doesn't mean your surrounding area, it means from the island of Ireland) or at least that your topic relates back to Ireland.
    Secondly, make sure your topic is historically significant. You'd be surprised how many people would go off and do a project based off folklore in their area etc.
    Make sure you're interested in the topic, it will be torture reading books etc. on something you don't care about.

From your list provided I would choose Seán Russell, Gibraltar killings or Kevin Barry & the Kilmichael Ambush. Easier to get sources on (I'm assuming you'll be doing HL? You'll need three and one MUST be from a historian).

What part of the country are you from? Someone on here might then be able to suggest a topic related to your area, making it easier to get sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Rossward

I am from Crumlin in Dublin. And thanks for the tips man.

Advertisement