Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options
  • 14-03-2015 12:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Considered an unlucky day by some, my day passed off handy enough. Any one had an unlucky day today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yep, failed the nct :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

fryup wrote: »

Who doesn't. Its a racket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

They are failing 1 in 2 cars now the cunts, what did it fail on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Backed 3 horses in the gold cup

2nd 3rd and 4th...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mine failed a few weeks ago cos I forgot to take the hub caps off. So annoying - they wouldn't test the breaks cos they couldn't check the bolts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Backed 3 horses in the gold cup

2nd 3rd and 4th...

Nice. Nobody remembers who comes first. It's the placed horses that are forever cherished.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

front shock gone
    Mine failed a few weeks ago cos I forgot to take the hub caps off. So annoying - they wouldn't test the breaks cos they couldn't check the bolts.

now thats a bit petty, they could easily peel them back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

NCT is a joke.

In England with the MOT if there are any faults like bulbs blown or headlights out of alignment anything they can fix easily they will fix them and bill you at the end, rather than fleece you for another 55€ or 30€ for a retest.

Beware on a retest/examining old faults they can fail you if they find new errors.

now thats a bit petty, they could easily peel them back

Union boys getting their hands dirty i dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

If you believe in superstitions then you are more likely to be retarded than intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Finished successfully an important assignment today, got my lazy dog to walk for longer than usual, had a lovely dinner, it was a sunny day and now a gorgeous starry sky - what's not to like?

Statistics say that "unlucky" incidents most likely happen on the 12th, not the 13th (maybe they did that survey up North... :rolleyes:)

Since you were talking about the NCT ... they are indeed a scam.
    A couple weeks ago they told me that my brake lights don't work. Went to the mechanic next door to get them fixed and he said they are working fine. Went back to NCT, they said, ah well, just about. Just about??? "*****" :mad:

If you believe in superstitions then you are more likely to be retarded than intelligent.

You sound like a hard man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

My mashed spuds burnt into the saucepan a little bit this evening. Had the heat 2 high I suppose. Fookin hate fri 13th now ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was born on Friday the 13th :D. Nuff said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SepTomBer

I'm late at work in Friday the 13th

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I flew to London on Fri 13th last year, didn't care in the slightest but the fare was cheap as obviously some people do care! That evening I went to Burger King in the airport, paid for 3 mozzarella sticks but was given 4. Happy Friday 13th to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Pretty good for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Vernonymous

I forget my wallet at home. Thanks to my friend he paid for the taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

€200 off the bookies, a great day

Advertisement