Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sky remote ?

Options
  • 14-03-2015 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have just got a new sky remote control (rev9) but i cannot get it to work with my standard sky box. Can anyone tell me if the rev9 remote will work with a standard sky box and if so how do i tune it ??
    Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The "rev"s are really only relevant for what models of TV they can control for volume, etc.

Is it a case you bought a Sky+ remote for a standard Sky box, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jet007

How do i know its a sky+ remote ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Ok. Ive just found out it is a Sky+ remote so that is the problem.
    Thanks for the help byte :-)

Thanks MarkAnthony :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

The Sky+ and Sky+ HD remotes are interchangeable.

The biggest issue with them is the ridiculous prices charged, €40 for a sky+ HD remote in some shops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

A Sky+ remote will control both ordinary Sky (non recording boxes) and Sky+ HD, likewise a SkyHD remote will control everything also. They just need to be programmed.

1. Press "TV"
    2. Press and hold "Select" and "Yellow" together until red led in remote end flashes twice (On HD remotes "Select" and "i" together) - if it doesn't flash twice then remote cannot be reprogrammed (clone or too old)
    3. Press "0" to operate standard box, "1" for Sky+ and on HD remotes "2" for HD - remotes in Sky+ mode will normally control HD boxes as well
    4. Press "Select" - red led should flash twice
    5. Press "Sky" and away you go
    Vic_08 wrote:
    The biggest issue with them is the ridiculous prices charged, €40 for a sky+ HD remote in some shops.

A SkyHD remote can be bought for €10.98 from Vortex Satellite on eBay, http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sky-HD-Remote-Control-Latest-Revision-Replacement-Spare-Sky-Plus-HD-RCU-/261177086928?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3ccf5e13d0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Plus one for the steps above, Iv an old Sky box and I had to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Looking for help re Sky + HD remote controls. I have two Sky HD boxes and they power 4 tv's, two through magic eyes, so in total I have 4 remotes and some of them are marked Rev9 and Rev10. I need to replace some of them as the buttons are giving trouble. Looking online I can see a variety of remotes, some marked Sky 120 & Sky 125. I have also seen a Sky 1tb remote. Could somebody with knowledge point me in the right direction to buying the most up to date remotes, thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sky 120 is the remote for standard Sky+HD boxes, though from a brief look online, the Sky 125 (all black one for the 1TB box) apparently should work too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement